After an over n under

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I am thinking of trying an over n under shotgun - can anyone recommend one that doesnt cost the earth? (i.e. £700 or under, will also be looking to p/x my s/s).

I mainly rough shoot, with a couple of beaters days each year.

I have looked at the Yildiz SPZ ME, which has some blinding reviews.

What do y'all think?

cheers

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
look for a second hand Miroku. they are basically Brownings without the fancy bits and they shoot very nicely. what will you be using it for?

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
though if you want cheap and effective then you want a semi-auto. they are vastly cheaper and give you an extra shot if you need it.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i had some very nice Franchi O/O shotguns, reliable comfortable and affordable, my one was £600 brand new, loved it wish i never got rid of her...:(

cant remember what one it was though sorry..

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Lincoln Premier, 28", multi choke for about that price new.
But I've still got my Baikal from my keepering days, good work horse, cheap and always the 1st considered when reaching into the cabinet.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
You should get a nice 2nd hand Browning 425 or Beretta Silver Pigeon for that price.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I will be using it for roost shooting, a bit of decoying and a couple of pheasant shoots a year, so a bit of allround usage really.

I will look at the guns recommended above cheers.

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
I got a Yildiz non ejector for our last pheasant season - great gun, fits me really well, and heaps better than a side by side. Also nice and light, good if you're walking more than shooting, but equally not hard on your shoulder.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've been using a Lincoln for the last 20 years or so, it hasn't missed a beat & never let me down in any way. It's killed a lot of stuff over the years, and bust many a clay. It's the No2 Sporting multichoke, which I think is basically the same as the premier.

Dave

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
I bought a Lanber Field M/C last year as my first shotgun and I love it, it fits me perfectly and I'm sure its helped me come on fairly quickly. I paid £420 from a shop in pretty much mint condition with 7 chokes and 50 cartridges, private sale you'll be looking closer to £300-350 but I wanted the piece of mind of having a reputable shop behind my purchase.
Browning 325 are a beautiful gun and you'll get a nice one and some change for your budget.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE