Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone got this book and want to share their views on this - pretty please? :D

http://www.equipped.org/books.htm#deepsurvival

1586637223.01._PE_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ.jpg

AF Regulation 64-4 United States Air Force Search and Rescue Survival Training (Reprint)
U.S. Military, 2002 Metro Books, ISBN:1-58663-722-3, 620 pages, 7 1/4 x 10 1/4 x 1 7/8 inches

This is an excellent reprint of the Survival Training bible upon which numerous other commercial and military survival texts are based. You will find portions of this text reused verbatim and many of the illustrations in this book reprinted in commercial texts. While somewhat dated (and reportedly under revision for years), it remains the essential survival text, covering survival techniques for all climates and terrains. This is a MUST HAVE and ESSENTIAL text for every survival library.

This reprint is exceptional and better than the original in many respects. It will fit on most book shelves, the original was taller. Unlike the original, it has a complete index which eliminates the often maddening searches required in the original. It is worth the price of admission for this alone, even if you already own the original. There are all new color photo plates and the nearly eight hundred black-and-white illustrations are clear and crisp.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have the slightly older version (also printed in 2002 so its only months older) which is identical in content but the pictures are in black and white and it doesn’t have the index pages.

the description you quoted is accurate, not essential for bushcraft but for the price it defiantly should be part of any respectable bushcraft/survial library.

some of it is outdated or inaccurate but your still getting almost 600 pages of valuable info, much of which you will recognise from else where since many of the less talented survival authors still seem to be making a living regurgitating parts of it is there 'latest' survival book

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
i've got the same book...got it a few years back at borders books...has tried and true military survival info..lots of pictures and drawings to help explain the text....also in the equipment chapter there is a kit listing for a personal survival kit....if you have the isbn # can't you oder the book ?? at your local book shop....vince g. 11b inf....

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Stuart,
Should have known you've got one mate :D (just re-read your booklist ...). Thank you for your help :)

Vince,
I surely have the ISBN number (see first post), so I'll have a look what the price will be when I order it from my uni bookshop (as I've got some bookvouchers), and also have a look if I can get it cheaper online ;)

Johan :)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Incidentally the title of the version I have may well be the most irresponsible use of the term 'handbook' in existence.

The dimensions are 11" x 9" x 1.5"

I hope I never get on the wrong side of a USAF pilot, with hands that big they must be giants. Perhaps it’s a cunning propaganda stunt, anyone see the film 'air America'?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE