Adjustable stitch groover wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Hi guys, i'm looking for an adjustable stitch groover if anyone has one for sale. They had them on sale at tandy leather yesterday but went to order one today and they are twice the price :( Anyone got a source for a reasonably priced one? I've got a belt to make for a friends birthday and would like one to make the stitching and edges look nice and neat. I have everything else i need so far. Any suggestions folks???

Thanks in advance,

Cheers Davie

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi guys, i'm looking for an adjustable stitch groover if anyone has one for sale. They had them on sale at tandy leather yesterday but went to order one today and they are twice the price :( Anyone got a source for a reasonably priced one? I've got a belt to make for a friends birthday and would like one to make the stitching and edges look nice and neat. I have everything else i need so far. Any suggestions folks???

Thanks in advance,

Cheers Davie

I've tried to tell folk in the past, but they don't seem to want to know:(

Tandy is EXPENSIVE

They should be wearing red and white stripey jumpers and a little mask that covers their eyes :bandit:

£15.59 for an adjustable groover!? plus postage! :yikes:

try leprevo £6.80 ( + vat) then your p&p of course

The Tandy one looks exactly like the one I have from Leprevo.

I've had it for 5 years now and it's been used on almost every piece of work I've done in that time.

I honestly can't understand why anyone uses Tandy:confused:

you could of course, just use an old fork, just bend the tines, so that you have one to act as an edge guide, one to act as the marker and the rest are either removed or bent out of the way.

hope this helps

R.B.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
lol :) ive just come back from le prevo today mate and got my self a fine haul of starter kit and some calf skin to practice on from the scrap bits table. lol scraps ? my little bit is about 1 and a half to 2 metres square and a nice book too,and i still had change for a quick visit to the kard bar and a greggs pastie too ! lol. :)
Rancids right about it being well cheaper than tandys too, check em both online.
Cheers , Andrew.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Cheers guys, i'll have a wee look at le prevo just now. I'll let you know how I get on.
I knew about Tandy and bowstock but had totally forgotten about le prevo.

Last edited:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
There is also http://www.abbeysaddlery.co.uk/ and the Identity Store. it is worth looking at these and LePrevo as it is surprising how much prices differ. A pricking iron from leprevo was about £30 or more where as you can get one from the Identity store for about £7 and it is better. Dyes are a lot cheaper at Abbey Saddlery and leather can be cheaper too.

That said I get a newsletter from Tandy and on occasion they do have some items at good prices.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Another vote for Leprevo here. I got all my tools and leather from them. They can be a little fussy about phone calls and their payment procedure can be strange (email first, then call after with card details, but never call them to make an order they tell you off for clogging up the lines).

However their advice, price and products are really good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE