Adder clip 5th May 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hi guys,

I was out for a wander when a me and a pal stumbled on this adder. It was in the middle of a wide grass path and very obvious. Despite a good number had passed it unaware - I missed it too! My mate has an eye for things...
We were in The North York Moors NP near Gribdale just along from Little Roseberry.

Correction to title...this was taken today... 12th May...doh. The weather was warm - probably around 14 deg C and sheltered from the breeze. Sunshine/cloudy 60/40

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
:D

Interestingly I've seen 4 snakes this year already 2 grass snakes & 2 western whips (though one dead having been run over)....I say interestly because normally I count myself lucky if I see as many during the whole active season. Hopefully it's a sign that snake numbers are rising ..they've been pretty scarce the last few years , around here anyway. Wall lizards too have been in decline.I can remember a time when they used to be everywhere,scampering about on the fronts & rooves of houses & of course on stone walls :rolleyes:, even running about on the paths but now I hardly ever see them.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
me and catherine (well catherine spotted it, she too has a good eye) found a female adder sunning herself on the path up to the crags at simonside last summer, truly magical and tons of pics. beautiful creatures .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE