Acorn & Cinnamon Cookie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
How did they taste?

Good enough to eat.

The Cookie texture was ok , I mean I don't think Acorn Flour is the optimal ingredient for a Cookie ( more Breadlike ) but its doable which was the point for me - to show it can be 'upcycled' into normal day to day foodstuffs.

The Yellow Gage Puree is a definite winner and keeper. Super tasty.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very good :) really good to see all the range you're covering this year :cool:

I found that the acorn meal didn't do 'crisp' very well, but good in bannock type things.

Yellow gages are lovely :) and they make a really nice jam.

I think your wild cherries must be a different variety from our Geans. Sour/sour/sour.

M

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Very good :) really good to see all the range you're covering this year :cool:

I found that the acorn meal didn't do 'crisp' very well, but good in bannock type things.

Yellow gages are lovely :) and they make a really nice jam.

I think your wild cherries must be a different variety from our Geans. Sour/sour/sour.

M

Yes , I feel its best to think of it as one does Almond Flour - which seems to be its closest food cousin of sorts.

Very impressed with the Yellow Gages and will be attempting to grow a Tree or Two from the Pips along with the Medlars I've already collected.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Almond flour makes really good shortbread, as does hazelnut. I haven't tried acorn.
Shortbread doesn't start out 'wet' so it's sort of dry bakes, low and slow.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE