A Wright And Son Bushcraft Knife Regrind

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 11, 2012
United Kingdom
I have had a A Wright And Son Bushcraft Knife for a while now and the angle of the grind on the knife was way too deep and the grind itself for me was too small as seen here
PICT0097-lg.jpg

So I sent My knife off to Longstrider after hearing nothing but positive reviews on him and well the results speak for themselves i couldnt be more happier with my knife I asked Longstrider to regrind the knife to make the angle shallower and the grind bigger and also to put a nice polish on the blade and he delievered without doubt. I highly recommend his services to anyone with knife issues. Here is the knife after Longstrider worked on it.
knive 1.jpg
knive 2.jpg
Knife 3.jpg
Knive 6.jpg
Knive 5.jpg
Knive 4.jpg

Last edited:

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
I have the same knife with an ebony handle - couldn't get/keep an edge on it for toffee. I had mine reground and it is now a regular user (didn't use longstrider though).
photo-20.jpg

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Its a shame Wrights don't listen/read the forums, every one says the same, i've seen a couple the JLT re-ground, what a difference, makes them a great knife.

Rob

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Its a shame Wrights don't listen/read the forums, every one says the same, i've seen a couple the JLT re-ground, what a difference, makes them a great knife.Rob

Know what you mean, and the guy who is the main dealer/supplier for Wrights is a member of BB, think he might be on this channel as well.

The Mackinaw

Jun 15, 2020
London
I have had a A Wright And Son Bushcraft Knife for a while now and the angle of the grind on the knife was way too deep and the grind itself for me was too small as seen here
View attachment 12487

So I sent My knife off to Longstrider after hearing nothing but positive reviews on him and well the results speak for themselves i couldnt be more happier with my knife I asked Longstrider to regrind the knife to make the angle shallower and the grind bigger and also to put a nice polish on the blade and he delievered without doubt. I highly recommend his services to anyone with knife issues. Here is the knife after Longstrider worked on it.
View attachment 12488
View attachment 12486
View attachment 12489
View attachment 12490
View attachment 12491
View attachment 12492

Hi there!

Any chance you can remember the spec of the grind on this? I am currently looking in to doing this to my A Wright And Son Bushcraft Knife myself.

Thanks,

Thomas

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Its a shame Wrights don't listen/read the forums, every one says the same, i've seen a couple the JLT re-ground, what a difference, makes them a great knife.

Rob

True enough, I’d put a sharper angle on the end of a nail than those Wright knives. Good on you and Ian for getting it sorted, he’s a nice bloke to deal with, one of the old guard.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE