A wet day's beating

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
By heck! Today was the wettest day's beating I can remember. It didn't let up all day, and some of those gusts really stung the cheek: felt like hail, but wasn't. I am not a regular beater, but I like to help my neighbour (who runs a shoot) when he is short of numbers. I think I just might be busy next time he asks.

Just for information, the Barbour Endurance jacket is NOT waterproof. Not even a vague approximation to it.

Burnt Ash

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
i use to work on a shooting estate miss the beating days, nothing better than a day in the fields.(and the hot bath when you get home):lmao:
MVC-003F.jpg

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
By heck! Today was the wettest day's beating I can remember. It didn't let up all day, and some of those gusts really stung the cheek: felt like hail, but wasn't. I am not a regular beater, but I like to help my neighbour (who runs a shoot) when he is short of numbers. I think I just might be busy next time he asks.

Just for information, the Barbour Endurance jacket is NOT waterproof. Not even a vague approximation to it.

Burnt Ash
hi burntash
i'm beating again tomorrow, and touch wood not had a wet day all season,the weather forecast here looks good tomorrow so i might get a full dry season,fingers crossed,

bernie

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
i use to work on a shooting estate miss the beating days, nothing better than a day in the fields.(and the hot bath when you get home):lmao:

That hot bath was so welcome when I got in after the shoot and after domestic chores like feeding pigs and fetching in the horse this evening. So too was the sloe gin at lunchtime: definitely a two shot day. Can't understand why I'm not tucked up abed a long time ago.

Burnt Ash

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just got in from a wet tramp around the fields with Ratbag. The bunnies are starting to up in numbers, but still difficult to approach due to the openness of our shoot and the light from nearby street lights. We saw a woodcock, could have had him too, but it was literally a sitting duck! Best to let him fly off, I've seen more meat on a chickens' lip!

Quite a nice walk.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Which one in the pic is the mentalnurse...is it the one choking the birds on the left (green sweater) or the one leaning left centre or the one in the centre and are you a Registered Mental Nurse you have got to register to be mental you know:theyareon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE