A voice from the past.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Yes, it's interesting, I’ve actually been interested in Bushcraft even longer than I’ve been into living history.

Growing up around the hills was the start of it. I didn’t know there was a name for it until I found a book called Bushcraft by Richard Graves in the late 70s.

I suppose living history appealed to me for the same sort of reasons. It was always the ancient technology and skills side that caught my interest rather than the usual "Vikings will be attacking a 3pm" stuff.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Wayland said:
Yes, it's interesting, I’ve actually been interested in Bushcraft even longer than I’ve been into living history.

I suppose living history appealed to me for the same sort of reasons. It was always the ancient technology and skills side that caught my interest rather than the usual "Vikings will be attacking a 3pm" stuff.

Ditto, both counts. My inspirational book was Anthony Greenbank - "Survival for Young People" - again, late 70's

Loved the bits of LH that I did (mosly camping in a home-made Viking tent, cooking and a bit of metalwork/bodging...

...though it *was* fun attacking at 3PM :D

Welcome aboard, anyhow.
Jim.

GrahamD

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 2, 2004
Sussex
Welcome, and good to see a landscape photographer here - I used to be passionate about photographing the land in Monochrome, and this has just been rekindled with the switch to digital...

Look forward to seeing some photo's on the album page.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE