A time for making moccasins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Or at least there will be when I finish tidying up! It's been a long day skinning this beast and there's still a fair bit left to do pulling off the fluff and removing staples from the leather but all the grisly work is done. Come the new year the fun begins :)
IMAG3442.jpg IMAG3444.jpg IMAG3445.jpg

PS: as there's no way I will ever need all this leather some large pieces will be making there way to Swap-Shop if anybody is interested.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
How are you going to integrate the wood and springs?:p
When a man has got wood at christmas, anything is possible :joyful:

There's half-inch baton that will slice up nicely for carving buttons. Some will become a shelf for the shed, with the nicer planed timber earmarked for a paddle strop or three. Chipboard rarely survives my disassembly technique yet this will find one last use in fire-starting faggots, so nothing is wasted even the floor sweepings.

Not really geared up for metal working so bashing a blade out of the serpentine springs is beyond me. There is however a healthy trade in them on Ebay for furniture restoration, failing that we still get a 'Rag & Bone' scrap metal collector doing the rounds. Steampunk shoulder straps, snowshoes, pot-stand, gate closer, more suggestions welcome lol

Polyester stuffing and open cell foam is saved for re-filling soft dog toys and cushions.

The staples, oh the chuffing staples! can be made into chain for hanging pots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE