A strange thing happened.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
On Saturday evening I took my kids to a Halloween party at a fairly remote country village hall. At one point in the evening I had to pop out to the car to get something. So here I am in the dark in a quiet car park when a car 3 along starts sounding its alarm which obviously spooked an owl in some nearby trees. The owl flew round the car then swooped towards me just missing me by about 2 foot then flew around me twice before doing about 3 circuits of a tree then back towards me again before silently disappearing of into the distance. It was a quite surreal experience and I was kind of stuck to the ground unable to move mesmerised by this amazing creature swooping around me in the night... Not sure what to make of it but to see a wild owl so close was quite a joy.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Some years ago my wife and I were bivouacing in a wood under the stars when an owl took great exception to our presence. Fortunately my 4'11" wife is fearless and saw it off after it had made several passes at us. Me, I just enjoyed the experience. After all she once did the same to a bear when we were in the US.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Some years ago my wife and I were bivouacing in a wood under the stars when an owl took great exception to our presence. Fortunately my 4'11" wife is fearless and saw it off after it had made several passes at us. Me, I just enjoyed the experience. After all she once did the same to a bear when we were in the US.

I now have an image of you cowering behind your wife while she beats the bear with her handbag ! :D

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I was once walking from out of a wood into a field when something made me jump and almost hit the deck, great big white barn owl flew only a few feet from my head. Amazing site i will never forget. The other thing of note was the fact it made no noise what so ever, jumped out of my skin to be honest lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE