A Sickly Tengu (lesson learned.)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yesterday I was not well, headaches and big lethargy.

But I dragged myself out and was soon better.

The night before I had the stove lit, and it was a bit smoky.

Can you guess why I was ill?

I will clean the chimney before I use the stove again!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The moxy alarm we have has a temp sensor and a clock so pretty handy.
Had a similar experience in a poorly ventalated bender. Was not pleasant.

MountainGhost

Feb 10, 2016
United Kingdom
You really should seek medical attention after exposure to CO even if symptoms abate once the source is removed. Exposure to CO can lead to anoxic brain injury which may not manifest until some time later. This is general advice to those reading and not specifically aimed at you, Tengu, as it sounds as if the level and duration of exposure was not so severe. A close call for you, and an indelible lesson learnt for sure!

Perhaps a small avian friend could be of assistance if you can stand the thought.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
This happened to me once when I was at a friends in Greece. We had too much to drink all fell asleep. My wife saved us I reckon when she came to pick me up. We all felt awful and put it down to the shepherds p&@?s , wine, we'd been drinking. It was my friends landlord who told us what had happened up until that point I'd never heard of it. Please take the advice being given.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
You might try approaching your local Fire Brigade/Station, I am not saying they WILL but they MIGHT offer free or heavily discounted alarms both fire and CO2. They often give them out when asked to do talks on Fire Safety etc. and offer them to the elderly or incapacitated and to students. At worst they would/should be more than willing to give advice. Again, I am not saying they WILL supply only that they might.

D.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE