A Rolled up canvas seat HELP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
I have a pease of canvas about 1msq with sown edges and eyelets in each corner has any one got any idears how this could be fairly quickly turned into a chair or stool for using in the woods using parra cord or timber cut from the woods any idears would be most welcome thanks

Leakydiff

Dec 19, 2005
Oxford
I would suggest 4 sturdy sticks with maybe forks at their tops. Attach these to corners,bundle together and tie with paracord about halfway down. Then open up and-voila , a seat.
Henry

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Two... no three... methods spring to my mind....
Using two stout sticks and some good lengths of cord - you could either -
- Tie the sticks into a "X", suspend the centre of the cross from a branch and hang the canvas a few feet under it (like an upside-down parachute), then you sit in the pocket of canvas.
Or
- Hang the canvas like a small hammock and use the sticks as spreader bars at either end - you might get a bit of back-support as well this way!
Or
..... use it like a First Nation Indian chair - find an inverted "V" shaped branch that you tie one corner of the square to the top, then tie the next two corners around the back, you sit on the remaining corner and lean it against a tree.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE