A result at the tip!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Went to my local recycling centre (what we used to call "the tip") and a couple in the car next to me were throwing out a load of stuff from their shed. I asked if I could have it and the staff member nearby said "I'm not looking, I can't see anything" so I came away with a bottle of meths, a bottle of lamp oil and a bottle of raw linseed oil - a good haul, I think!

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Lucky you. The penalty for approaching people about their rubbish at our local tip is death by firing squad!!! I actually drive 15 miles out of my way to use another one now and have had some great finds.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Lucky you. I had a bit of luck today, drove past a charity shop to see a wing backed leather armchair in the window, mint condition.... I thought, as usual I had not seen the last zero in the price but lo and behold, it was, indeed £40.

I shall be telling tales of the times I was very, very drunk now....

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I took an old ice cream freezer from my shed to the tip, bloke said sorry, can't take it as it's commercial. I said how about if I peel the yellow stickers off so it's White, he said that's fine but don't do it on the premises. Took it a couple of hundred yards down the road and set about the stickers, they put up a bit of a fight and I cut myself quite badly but by then I was on a mission and wasn't going to be beaten! Took it back when it was mainly White except for the bloody handprints and everyone was happy. All the peeled off stickers were inside.

I understand why they have to have rules but I bet alot of stuff that gets turned away ends up in a gateway or hedge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE