A quiet Sunday bimble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
I thought I'd post this up incase anyone is interested
biggrin.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-16135644

This is the BBC report on the callout we attended on Sunday. See, we don't just do mountains!!

Nothing like spending 6 or 7 hours fighting your way through dense woods and brambles after the team Christmas training weekend
smiley_vomit.gif
(Santa, port, -4 degrees and sitting on top of a mountain at 2am, a story for another thread)

At least it was great working with the various agencies. In the end the roll call was;

Around 30 or 40 Mountain Rescue volunteers (some didn't turn up til after 12, slackers!)
3 or 4 SARDA search dogs
2 police landsharks
A POLSAR from around Brecon way
5 or 6 Police officers
A couple of fire service crews (they should learn how to park and not block the enterence to the carpark!)
Fire service boat crew and some water faries
Rescue 169 heli from Chivenor
Dyfed-Powys heli
and dozens of local residents, some searching and some lovely ladies who kept us going with tea, sandwiches and beans and chips

For me the highlight of the day was the local support. Besides plying me with choccy biccies I was amazed by how the community came together to look for someone most of them didn't even know. You'll never see that in the towns and cities! Just makes me all the more certain I want to move out of Neath as soon as I win the Lottery!

If any of the members on here were part of the local search effort THANK YOU :You_Rock_

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Mountain Rescue and the Air Ambulance are a huge part of living in areas like mid-wales, just as the coastguard are essential near the sea.

Is there any further update on this search? Any good (or bad) news?

Respect to everyone involved in such things, and as you say, great to see a community coming together.

I hope I'm never the reason for such a callout.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
This is a public forum so I can't post too much info. But I'll update the thread as and when I can.

For the moment the search continues.

The Police will follow up any leads that may come in from the public and will continue checking friends, family and any places he may have a connection to.

In the past mispers have been perfectly fine and have been found in some interesting places. A few years ago an older gent disappeared from around Porthcawl (IIRC). His wife was adament he couldn't have gotten far as he didn't have any money. Unknown to her he had a credit card and turned up a few days later in a hotel in London having a right fine time :lmao: A few months ago we were looking for a youngish lad in west Wales. He turned out to be having a cuppa in his mate's house. They even made a joke that people were looking for him when the Police heli flew over the house. Lucky we had the heli as we had to use it to transport one of the MR searchers to hospital after he fell and suffered suspected spinal injury.

So there is a chance this gent is fine. There is also a chance he isn't. MR teams and search dogs will return to the area over the coming weeks. Hopefully (in a good way) they won't find find him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE