A Quick Poncho Shelter and Boiling Water For Purification

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nice Camp setup you have their....

Shame most cans are plastic lined these days to stop cans rusting :(

here the large coffee cans are no longer around they have gone all plastic here...

I like the improvisation of the stick through the can when you don't have some wire handy neat trick....

Thank you.

I agree, it's the same over here.

Glad you liked that, it's pretty simple to make.

Mistwalker,
Thats a nifty little set up. Is there a reason why you have the large log on the side closest to the tarp as opposed to the other side?
ATB

Actually that was to block the wind. It was 76F or 24C so I really wasn't concerned with getting heat into the shelter but I was losing a lot of the heat from my fire taking longer to boil the water.

Great Pic's :You_Rock_

The stick through the pot for a hanger is one I never would have thought of.

Great Idea, I'm going to have to try that myself now that I’ve seen it.

Thanks, glad you like it.

That works really well, just don't use the lined cans. If you have a multi-tool to punch the hole with it will save your edge. I made those holes with the knife.

Improviser

Tenderfoot
Nice one i like your set up :You_Rock_
I've been reading your reviews/posts for a while even before i became a member - wish i had as much time (and kit) to tinker as you seem to have!
Only get to play every now and then wot with the rat race & all :(

Nice one i like your set up :You_Rock_
I've been reading your reviews/posts for a while even before i became a member - wish i had as much time (and kit) to tinker as you seem to have!
Only get to play every now and then wot with the rat race & all :(

Thanks, glad you like them.

It helps greatly that my back yard is an undeveloped section of the side of a mountain as a lot of my tinkering is done in my own back yard :)

C

czbohunk

Mistwalker,
Great set up ,The old style can hangers are cool useing what you got around you instead of going out buying the next best thing out there is a good thing.
I to am a ground sleeper hanging in a long fish net with a blanket wraped around you or wraped up in a blanket trying to stay warm may be ok for some but not me and if you don't use one I don't think you should be looked down at,,,, to each his own.

Mistwalker,
Great set up ,The old style can hangers are cool useing what you got around you instead of going out buying the next best thing out there is a good thing.
I to am a ground sleeper hanging in a long fish net with a blanket wraped around you or wraped up in a blanket trying to stay warm may be ok for some but not me and if you don't use one I don't think you should be looked down at,,,, to each his own.

Glad you liked it. I like to improvise...it's good mental exercise.

I have yet to feel looked down upon about it...and actually for certain times of the year I am liking the sound of those "off-set" hammocks where you can lay flat. I just feels my size 6'-3" 270 pounds makes a standard hammock a bad option for comfort. The way I see it if I start out on the ground I can eliminate falling as a possibility :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE