A Moral Dilemma

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Lancashire
I don't think my having looked down the scope of a gun means you can't have similar feelings about not wanting to kill. The difference is one has killed but the other hasn't. But both are at the same point.

I personally hate taking the life of another living thing but I accept there are times you need to. I have a phobia of creepy crawlies. If one of the kind I have the worst fear of passes into my house or tent or tarp I have the need to kill it and remove it but there's a feeling of it being wrong. The only difference is your feelings are towards a generally cute and fluffy.

As a kid a used to fish on holiday with my dad. I ate what was caught but holding the dying fish in my hands as I took the hook out I still felt bad.

Not a shooter but still understand the ops feelings on this. I understood them before I even fished. It's a form of compassion I think people are born with but also develop.

I hope you find your solution.

Reactions: nigelp and CLEM

Lean'n'mean

Nomad
Nov 18, 2020
France
" Go ahead, make my day."
SquirrelGun-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TLM

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I can relate. Tricky one.

I think that as its a prolific invasive species that has no signs of abatement would aid my decision but I like you find the prospect of pulling the trigger as I get older less easy.

Maybe if you are accepting of that fact but don't wish to do the deed itself for personal reasons ( and I can understand why ) it would be worth advertising for someone to come in ( with suitable skill set ) and do the shooting for you.
Put out a contract on them and get a hit man!

• Haha
Reactions: TeeDee

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.