A long overdue Intro!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reddo

Tenderfoot
Hey all -

As above this is long overdue - I joined up a while back and for some reason could not find this section of the forum to introduce myself!

I've always been a nature type - Grew up in the country in Dorset and have stayed here all my life so far! I suppose you could say I'm a typical, but not so typical country gal! - Spent a few years working on a farm and with animals, horses etc.
Currently I am a self employed photographer. I enjoy all kinds of weird and random things that would make most women in my area cringe at just thought of participating in such things.

I, ofcourse love being outdoors - My partner (luke), my daughter Kiara and I all love camping and are the proud owners of a Bell tent. Our two large dogs, Zeus(40 kilo German Shep) and Shanti (30 kilo Rottweiler cross) enjoy it just as much as we do! Luke lives and works in the woods in Chard, so we tend to spend alot of time out there.

Sad to say I enjoy hard work - And tend to be pretty damned determined once started - Love getting my hands dirty and would much prefer to be helping around the campsite!
Over the past year I have really taken a liking to tanning skins ( scraping, working - the lot!) - rabbit, squirrel etc- Am yet to try a fox though, as much as I would love to I don't know to many people who can provide me with one - soon hopefully!

And I also seem to be getting into wood carving - and all other bushcrafty things!
So far I have found this forum incredibly plesent and helpful - everyone is kind and I am yet to have one snooty comment about my spelling :)
(My excuse is that I type to fast to realise! haha)

Hope you all have a good afternoon!

Regards

Zoe

P.s. Snooty comments now expected after pointing out my own weekness :)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I am yet to have one snooty comment about my spelling
We have loads here (including staff) where English is not their 1st language also quite a few (including staff) that have dyslexia .... though for some reason their spelling seems to be better than mine. As long as you don't start using geek / txt speak you'll be fine.

Welcome aboard by the way

Ed

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Haha - Any luck? I'm sure there will be a few!

only one but I'm pretty sure it's intentional. however I wouldn't like to bet either because I'm pretty carp at spelling too :)

Anyway belated welcome [I still haven't introduced myself yet and I've been lurking for quite awhile now - maybe I should :)]

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
inregards your spelling dont worry about it
and regards the rest welcome to the greatest place ever but please leave you sanity and sense of time at the door cos this place is adictive

and from your intruduction you sound like you will fit straight in

drew

Reddo

Tenderfoot
We have loads here (including staff) where English is not their 1st language also quite a few (including staff) that have dyslexia .... though for some reason their spelling seems to be better than mine. As long as you don't start using geek / txt speak you'll be fine.

Welcome aboard by the way

Ed

Thank you :) I avoid text speak as much as possible - So hopefully, like you say I will be fine. Its a shame really, I have joined a few forums over the years for different topics and this is the only one that I have come across, were everyone is friendly and the new people don't get ignored.

And I am very glad I have come across it. I hope to be able to get involved in some of the meets soon too! I don't think I have seen one for Dorset yet?
Both me and my partner wanted to come to the Bush Moot before I had even registered, but unfortunatly getting time off work makes it impossible.

Reddo

Tenderfoot
only one but I'm pretty sure it's intentional. however I wouldn't like to bet either because I'm pretty carp at spelling too :)

Anyway belated welcome [I still haven't introduced myself yet and I've been lurking for quite awhile now - maybe I should :)]

I like carp :D

Thank you for the welcome! And yes introduce yourself ! :D - Then I can say Welcome!!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey all -

As above this is long overdue - I joined up a while back and for some reason could not find this section of the forum to introduce myself!

I've always been a nature type - Grew up in the country in Dorset and have stayed here all my life so far! I suppose you could say I'm a typical, but not so typical country gal! - Spent a few years working on a farm and with animals, horses etc.
Currently I am a self employed photographer. I enjoy all kinds of weird and random things that would make most women in my area cringe at just thought of participating in such things.

I, ofcourse love being outdoors - My partner (luke), my daughter Kiara and I all love camping and are the proud owners of a Bell tent. Our two large dogs, Zeus(40 kilo German Shep) and Shanti (30 kilo Rottweiler cross) enjoy it just as much as we do! Luke lives and works in the woods in Chard, so we tend to spend alot of time out there.

Sad to say I enjoy hard work - And tend to be pretty damned determined once started - Love getting my hands dirty and would much prefer to be helping around the campsite!
Over the past year I have really taken a liking to tanning skins ( scraping, working - the lot!) - rabbit, squirrel etc- Am yet to try a fox though, as much as I would love to I don't know to many people who can provide me with one - soon hopefully!

And I also seem to be getting into wood carving - and all other bushcrafty things!
So far I have found this forum incredibly plesent and helpful - everyone is kind and I am yet to have one snooty comment about my spelling :)
(My excuse is that I type to fast to realise! haha)

Hope you all have a good afternoon!

Regards

Zoe

P.s. Snooty comments now expected after pointing out my own weekness :)

Aaaiii ... Very last word ... Weakness is with an 'a' ... :nana:

Welcome to the forum though, good to have you ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE