A little re-vamp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Got this nice little knife in a recent trade.
I've engraved the brass bolster and pommel,fileworked the spine and stipple graved the blade for something a little different to the norm.
As usual feel free to comment either good or bad

null-50.jpg

null-49.jpg

null-48.jpg

null-47.jpg

All of the engraving is freehand hope you all like it .

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Pommel and bolster are great. Coming along very nicely as it must have been a pain doing the bolster up against the blade. But it really sets the brass work apart :You_Rock_

Cannot decide on the stipple. Great new technique to learn but I'm not convinced.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Pommel and bolster are great. Coming along very nicely as it must have been a pain doing the bolster up against the blade. But it really sets the brass work apart :You_Rock_

Cannot decide on the stipple. Great new technique to learn but I'm not convinced.
Thanks bud for the comment .to be honest the only reason I tried the large area stipple was to get rid of the hultafors brand logo which was right across the blade and would of spoilt the filework IMHO.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Thanks bud for the comment .to be honest the only reason I tried the large area stipple was to get rid of the hultafors brand logo which was right across the blade and would of spoilt the filework IMHO.

Ah. Then much agreed. Getting rid of the logo is a great idea. Would have spoiled a proper arty knife.

Mack13

Jul 15, 2013
Wiltshire
Ooo that is lovely. Nice engraving mate and very good looking spine work. As for the stippling - I like that too ;) It enhances the look of the blade edge, and separates the edge from the rest of the blade (if that makes any sense). I think too many knife blades have a 'mono-look' so that whichever way you turn them the blade shows the same colour/shine/lustre.
That blade is one I'd pick out of many others because of the stippling. Well done mate goodjob
ps - any chance of a piccie of what it looked like before? or didn't you take any?

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Ooo that is lovely. Nice engraving mate and very good looking spine work. As for the stippling - I like that too ;) It enhances the look of the blade edge, and separates the edge from the rest of the blade (if that makes any sense). I think too many knife blades have a 'mono-look' so that whichever way you turn them the blade shows the same colour/shine/lustre.
That blade is one I'd pick out of many others because of the stippling. Well done mate goodjob
ps - any chance of a piccie of what it looked like before? or didn't you take any?
I'm sure there is a pic in the swap shop under Samons thread titled some more things to swap .
And thank you for the comments ansd I'm glad you like it.

Mack13

Jul 15, 2013
Wiltshire
Thanks for posting the 'before' pics. This nicely shows that your alterations/improvements have turned a rather bland knife into an attractive one, with what was an uninteresting looking blade into one that catches the eye nicely. No, stippling isn't to everyones taste but it is a marked improvement to this one I think. Well done mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE