A late hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emma S

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
Hi, I havent posted much but have been lurking for some time so thought it would be polite to say hello.

I am from East Sussex and am a bit of a jack of all trades - started out in fashion design, moved into photographic science, sideways into magazine production then left the big city smoke behind to come back to the countryside to have my 1st child and retrain as a medical herbalist. I then moved into childrenswear design/cloth nappies/wool dyeing alongside the herbal stuff, but the last couple of years I have been more and more involved with my other half's farm and we have been getting the place set up for educational access/care farming/forest school/ bushcrafty stuff, which so far has required far far far too much beaurocratic paperwork and not enough practical fun.

however we have finally finished all that red tape stuff and I have done my first 2 school visits and am looking forward to doing lots more and getting down to some enjoyment of our woodland.

This is a great forum and I am really pleased to have found it, i have learned alot and hope to come to some of the meets in the future.

Hi Emma,
welcome to BCUK,I too am a long time lurker and you have shamed me,as my first post was neither as entertaining or informative as yours.
so here goes...
I am from central Scotland and too am a jack of all(though somewhat quite specific) trades in my fieldof environment and waste management.
always been interested in the outdoors since my scouting days.
Particular interests are sustainable living,wild foods and all things axe related,
Currently in Catalunya Spain but returning soon to pick up where I left off
If you enjoy this forum,you may also enjoy song of the paddle,
I have learned screeds from these sites and hope to contribute something of value.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE