A forged Puukko for Mrs Addo.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I've made this for SWMBO for all her hard work on my site and its her Birthday soon too. Sheaths on its way as soon as Ive finished the Scandi KITH.

Its my first forged stick tang from car type coil spring, with Mazur birch, Leather from an old jacket nickle silver, and local birch burl. Buffalo horn bolster and pommel. Ive let the tang come though the end and peaned over. Unfortunetly the Mazur dyed almost as dark as the burl, shame as I wanted contrast, but never mind.

100_2739.jpg

100_2766.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2769.jpg

Hope you like.

Addo :)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks fellas. Im trying to stick to a handle shape. Maybe I'll manage it soon :dunno: Seems good using the usual holds and making simple bushy items.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one mate, looks spot on. A proper forged blade and a nice handle done yourself, it can't get better than that. I'm sure she'll love it. I know the sheath will be a proper job when you get round to it too.

If you get a chance a few pics of the before steel would be great, maybe even some action jackson shots of the process one day. I know you're busy bashing steel at the moment but I'd love to see it sometime. That blacksmith's shop you use sounds great, it's coming along a treat!

goodjob

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Will do mate, think theres a shot on my phone. Im off now, but will try to get it up later...oooeer.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
really like that, you doing your own forging too now mate ? , any pics in action

Thanks Alan. Im going to try and get some done next time as its a bit full on during the action. After working the hammers its good to get a breath while it heats up again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE