a few to be getting on with

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
a few to be getting on with! postman brought these for me today, four rwl34 blades, heat treat thanks to Richard at Barmond
a few stabilized scales from another forum member as well.
my partner an i spent a day out in a near by forest collecting pine resin and fat wood yesterday where it sank in i dont actually have a bushcraft blade to call my own right now! will just have to be keeping one of these!

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
completed one today, just nead to add makers mark, scales are stabilized walnut

and a new toy to accompany it!

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Perfect knife mate! Anyone would be happy with one of those on their belt. ;)

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
thanks, this one i will be using the other three are the same spec, rwl34 stainless 60-61hrc with cryo. blade thickness 4mm, blade length 115mm, overall length 250mm, blade depth 30mm with a secondary convex bevel

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
What's the finish on the blade?

its the surface finish of the rwl34 stock, has a dimpled like texture i quite liked. instead of sanding it back i left it till after heat treat and buffed it with a satin mop. it gives a nice dulled subdued work horse finish. i only did two out of the four that way, the others will be sanded to a satin finish.

BushBob

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2013
East Mids
Superb.

Where do you source your RWL 34 from? I'm only using tool steel at the moment but want to move on to the stainless as I get a bit more consistent with things.

Cheers,

Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE