A few random Galloway forest pics form last weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
As the titla says, just a few piccies from last weekend 28/30th May down in the Galloway forest park. Headed down the Friday morning and stayed till the sunday night. Absolutley love it there, total peace and quiet, beautiful scenery and some good fishing to boot :) Enjoy the pics.
101_1718.jpg

101_1715.jpg

101_1699.jpg

101_1694.jpg

101_1664.jpg

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Very nice. :)

Galloway is on my list of to-do's this year.

Did you get any midges? I came back from 6 days in the cairngorms last week, and didn't see a single one. I fear this will never be repeated.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Very nice. :)

Galloway is on my list of to-do's this year.

Did you get any midges? I came back from 6 days in the cairngorms last week, and didn't see a single one. I fear this will never be repeated.
They were out in force mate :( as long as there is a wee breeze though they dissapear, just try to camp high up and away from water and it shouldn't be too bad.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Good Info, Scottishwolf.

Ill be Googlearthing those. ;)

So far this week, forum posts have spurred me on to plan trips to Galloway and back to Hardanger in Norway-Keep it up BCUK, I'm lovin' it. :)

BigMack

Mar 3, 2012
Scotland
I recognise Loch Bradan, we headed down there last July and realised I had to upgrade my transportation when on the final wee track to the camp. Spent 2 nights there with one of them being a totally clear night that gave us an opportunity to see the Milky Way. Not much fish for us on that trip though but so quiet and peacefull all by ourselves.

Reduced+Panoramic+in+Loch+Bradan.jpg

Would like to head down again, can you recommend anywhere that is a little more accessible than Loch Bradan?

Paul

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Most of the lochs are fishing by permit only.

loch Doon is free fishing with easy access though.

Btw, we're having a meet at Loch Trool /Glentrool next month,free fishing there too.
Check the Scotland South meet up thread.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE