A female bushcraft Facebook group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
There's some things which are uniquely female situations in a woodland/ bushcraft/ survival context and a few of us, recognising that our ribald comments on some of the more feminine quandries might cause discomfort for you lads, have started a Facebook group, Sisterhood of the Bush.

Drop on by and request a join if you fancy- it can get a wee bit saucy so its maybe not one for younger lasses- recent subjects (serious and otherwise) include menstruation and overcoming the lack of sufficient urination equipment (a uniquely female problem, especially in a hammock :rolleyes:), where to get pink knives and kit, breastfeeding and bug out bags.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
We do have a coupla male members but godz, they do have an awful lot to put up with and be verrrrry understanding :)

Oh and it helps if they're in touch with their inner woman ;)

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Why would you want a PINK knife? Why not a nice powder blue or get one to go with your English oak so that it does not clash :lmao:
And lots of admiration to you all.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
There are some lasses that like the pink stuff. And some fellas too if you want to join us ;) I think its great that we gels are so welcomed into a male dominated thing like bushcrafting and theres a good deal of the traditional womens arts that are pretty conducive... but to get out and hang for a while in the woods, there's some practical issues which only other lasses can help out with really- except when we're caught short of a monthly neccesary, of course, then if you ask at the communal fire if anyone has a spare, its like Quick Draw at the OK Corral ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
There are some lasses that like the pink stuff. And some fellas too ...

"Think Pink!"

Pink_Panther_Cartoon_photos.jpg

Sorry :eek: . It would appear that I really don't have a Clouseau :eek:

:sad6:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
interesting name sisterhood of the{ bush}mabe sisterhood of the woods would have been more apt lol I'm sure you will get lots of members well done turbo girl regards dave from my feminine side

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hahahaha I think I have to copy that one for the gals, Phil :)

I was going to go for ...

"Think Pink...

Pink_Panther_Cartoon_photos.jpg

... it's Fabulous!"

... but I thought it slightly OTT :D :rofl:

interesting name sisterhood of the{ bush}mabe sisterhood of the woods would have been more apt lol I'm sure you will get lots of members well done turbo girl regards dave from my feminine side

I'm not sure that 'Sisterhood of the Woods' sounds any more innocent than 'Sisterhood of the Bush' :yikes: ~ and 'Babes in the Wood' is already accounted for elsewhere :eek: :D .

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
No reason why Bushcraft should be male dominated. Of course women are welcome. There's loads of cooking to be done, and the washing up is more difficult without a sink. Not to mention all the sewing...

Oh, sorry. Did I say that out loud?

(Don't take me seriously, please. If you did, you might have to hurt me, and I bruise easily. Just ask my wife.)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Not to mention all the sewing...
I tried to repay one of you guys many kindnesses by offering to do any mending etc as I'm a middling needlewoman.... trouble was, like most of you, you're already better than most of us at it yourselves... and the cooking and just about anything else we could trade... oh apart from our Betty, of course...:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE