A day out in the sunshine.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Folks, we had a touch of snow over Friday night and yesterday it was lovely sunshine, so i decided to get some fresh air and collect Hazel branches for a bushy project.

It was a good day for tracking, plenty of sign of Badger tracks in the snow, mind you the snow did,nt hang around for long with the sun being out.

Walking along the dis-used railway.
dayoot.jpg

dayoot4.jpg

Last of the Autmn fruits.
dayoot3.jpg

Seeing as it was such a nice day i stopped and found a tree i could relax against, fortunately i had my kettle in the rucksack, so i got a fire going and knocked up a suspension rig for the kettle, and had a brew.

dayoot2.jpg

Infact i spent the next four hours just chilling out, i also nodded off a couple of times listening to mother nature go about her business.

Shame i had to head home,as i was so comfy by that tree.

Anyway that was my day in the woods.

Thanks for looking

Cheers Stuart.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Looks and sounds like a perfect day to me. I must set aside a day like that for me and the kids, although I may miss out on that dropping off.

Thanks for the great pics.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Nice one Stuart, that looks a very relaxing afternoon very similar to mine ;)
I like the rig.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Yesterday was very nice here as was about three hours this afternoon, very sunny, very cold and not a cloud in the sky... perfect really. Its peeing down now of course:(

I think in me bones its going to be a cold winter, grab these good days while you can.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Looks like a nice little get away you had there mate. :) Too much of my time is spent faffing around trying to get everything set up but eventually when you do get to take a seat and soak it all in its great. Thanks for sharing :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE