A Day ''on'' Wintour's Leap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Yesterday I dusted off my climbing gear as I haven’t done any for a bit and had a day on Wintour's Leap near Chepstow, a spectacular limestone gorge through the River Wye Valley. It’s a wonderful area. Two army helicopters flew through the gorge which was a sight in itself as they flew low and close beneath us, instead of looking up to see them we had to look down :). I guess they were on training or something. Anyway a few pics, not the best as taken on my mobile.

wintours20leap20001.jpg

Look closely and you might just see the helicopter in pic below coming round bend in river.

wintours20leap20015.jpg

Though the helicopter looks small in pic below it was actually very close (due to pic taken on mobile phone).
wintours20leap20016.jpg

Looking down towards Chepstow (helicopter still in pic).

wintours20leap20017.jpg

wintours20leap20031.jpg

wintours%20leap%20020.jpg

wintours20leap20042.jpg

This last pic is not mine, as my own pics are usually so poor i have snatched this last pic off the net to give viewers a better example at what the area looks like.

wintours%20leap.jpg

Thankyou for looking, All The Best :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks like a nice day out; all the way from there upstream and on the opposite bank is my neck of the woods, so I look across to that view most days. I've always felt blessed to live in such a place :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Looks like a nice day out; all the way from there upstream and on the opposite bank is my neck of the woods, so I look across to that view most days. I've always felt blessed to live in such a place :)

You most certainly are blessed Macaroon, to have that as your local patch must be truly wonderful, I have to travel there from Worcestershire but it is certainly worth it. Lovely area. Thankyou for looking and replying, ATB :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Looks like you had a stunning view mate.

yes a wonderful view on a wonderful day, the whole of the Wye valley is a lovely area, there are many fine spots some less well known than others, thankyou RichardHomer for looking and for your reply, ATB :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Well, not so wonderful a view this morning, folks! mist, meeting somewhere with low cloud and very heavy rain......Makes it very different but none the less magical a place whatever the weather.

I'm off to dry myself and my kit :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Well, not so wonderful a view this morning, folks! mist, meeting somewhere with low cloud and very heavy rain......Makes it very different but none the less magical a place whatever the weather.

I'm off to dry myself and my kit :)

just ''knowing'' it's only the other side of your window being pelted with rain must be a nice cosy feeling when you dry off and and relax with a hot cuppa, rainy days bring different moods but they can feel quite atmospheric if you're inside and warm and cosy and can relax. Get the kettle on :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE