A bit of leather work... oh, and a bit of paperwork too

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
As I can't work on my boat, and my workshop is a frozen hell hole, I am doing a bit of leatherwork in my warm kitchen! I know...not very buscrafty, but hey!

I have taken to doing a bit of bookbinding recently. This skechbook one is my first one, and it's got a good home already...:rolleyes:. Can be hard to keep stuff sometimes! I want to make myself a journal, and I practised on this one first.

DSCF5814_zps35656ecb.jpg

DSCF5815_zps33eccabe.jpg

DSCF5816_zps8a09200d.jpg

DSCF5817_zps072f7921.jpg

DSCF5818_zpsa92e740c.jpg

DSCF5819_zps939bb6bb.jpg

I have used a mix of cartridge and watercolour papers. There are 8 signatures, each has 10 sheets (20 pages) so there are 160 pages. The cover is two layers of leather, saddle stitched. The outside leather is a lovely soft thick, reddy brown and the inside is a piece of thin vegtan.

The next one will have a more "bushcraft" feel to it, I think I'll use a thick, tooled vegtan, with some oak leaves pattern.

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Looks good - we will be seeing some more in action pic's won't we? please :)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Looking great Joel - hows the recovery?

Thanks BR. The recovery is proceeding steadily. The first two weeks, I was so knackered I spent a lot of time sleeping. Now, I do walk quite a bit, despite the easterly wind! Still off work for the time being. So yes, much better today and some tests at the hospital Friday.

That's nice Jojo very sound indeed
Thanks Mary!

Looks good - we will be seeing some more in action pic's won't we? please
Maybe! If I don't forget to take them...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE