9th Wilderness Gathering.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wolfshead

Jun 21, 2008
Kibblesworth
4 guys from Durham will be down again this year, with 3 kids in tow, Looking forward to seeing some of the old faces again (Hi James, Dave, Justin) and hopefully meet some new ones, We'll be in the woods as usual, and round the main campfire after dark, doing our best to avoid whatever concoction Dave budd will be bringing, We had a drink with Dave last year and I'm still getting the enamel replaced on my teeth.
For anyone taking kids make sure you get them to the storytelling around the main campfire, check the gathering website, I think it's about 6-00 pm.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Trying to get my ticket. If all goes to plan I will be there with my new mortgage money to spend.

Looking forward to meeting people.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I'm thinking of going down for the day on Sunday. Among the many things that sound interesting, I'd like to see the Bison Bushcraft boots in the flesh.

Last edited:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
We'll be going and we first went last year when the kids were 4 and 8.

There is a small section of ancient woodland that you can camp in and light fires in. There's a different area for camper vans and another for tents. There are 5 workshops going on at any one time mostly under parachutes in the bigger section of woodland. As others have said you can eat entirely from the catering tent but you should bring your own food as well or instead of, especially with kids, as the meal tent opens for breakfast lunch and dinner so their schedule and the schedule of the kid's stomachs don't necessarily align.

You can light fires but I don't think there is wood for sale (though you are allowed to take dead wood) so maybe bring your own.

And your wallet will take a hit (don't think you can escape limiting your cash quite a few stalls have wireless card machines.)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Good lad

just had my T shirts with logo done best get one for you to wear on Dave Budds stand :lmao:

ATB

Duncan
Good man!!
Although there is a rumour that Dave is threatening me with one of his own!!
Is 'camp fire melting boots, whisky bottle sausage cooking man ' comming ! ??
My best.
Chris.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
We'll be in the woods as usual, and round the main campfire after dark, doing our best to avoid whatever concoction Dave budd will be bringing, We had a drink with Dave last year and I'm still getting the enamel replaced on my teeth.

I'm sure I don't know what you mean?! :D

sadly Justin T won't be with us this year. He tried to run downhill faster than his feet would allow, ending in a few little knocks including breaking his collar bone in 4 places! That was a couple of weeks ago and he was sobre at the time :rolleyes:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Its the only way to butter !! Lol!

Oh... and by the way Dave, you know EXACTLY what wolfshead means !!
( make sure you bring some more! )
See you Cats soon.
Chris.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
We'll be going and we first went last year when the kids were 4 and 8.

There is a small section of ancient woodland that you can camp in and light fires in. There's a different area for camper vans and another for tents. There are 5 workshops going on at any one time mostly under parachutes in the bigger section of woodland. As others have said you can eat entirely from the catering tent but you should bring your own food as well or instead of, especially with kids, as the meal tent opens for breakfast lunch and dinner so their schedule and the schedule of the kid's stomachs don't necessarily align.

)

We've taken that on board and the burger part of the catering tent will be open all day this time.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I am very tempted. Might actually have the funds to spare too :D Though I reckon I'll only be there for the saturday.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE