72 hour Molle pack BULLE UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Here is my new 72 hour pack a bargan at 29.99 from www.flecktarn.co.uk

securedownload1.jpg

pack5.jpg

pack4.jpg

pack3.jpg

packmedic.jpg

pack2.jpg

medic2.jpg

medic1.jpg

no links to this company justed amazed at the quality/price.

I will do a write up soon

Last edited by a moderator:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Do you know where its made? It looks a lot like one I picked up via E-bay that was manufactured in the far east ( no problem with that ) the qaulity and endurance of it was sadly lacking however. watch the stitching at the Yoke points for loose threads.
Hope it serves you well.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
When you do the photobucket links, try the bottom one, it inserts the photos straight into the thread.

I had one very similar too, it didn't look as good as yours from the pics, but my four year old son plays with it now. Hope yours continues well.

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
Order placed :)

I've been looking for something like this for ages, but all the similar packs I could find were either high quality and high price (like £100+), or low quality and still too dear (£40+), but £30 sounds reasonable.

Looking forward to the writeup - I'll add my own findings/pics to the thread if OP doesn't mind.

Cheers,
Glyn.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Heh, do like the look of this pack, and Bulle kit is quite bomb proof (litterally) i've been sliding over concrete on pouches by bulle and they barely took a knock

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
Heh, do like the look of this pack, and Bulle kit is quite bomb proof (litterally) i've been sliding over concrete on pouches by bulle and they barely took a knock

that's good to hear - it's been a long hunt, all I wanted was a smallish pack, lots of zip (clamshell opening), and a hydration pouch pocket which would last me a while for less than £40. I nearly got the warrior assault systems version, but they were out of stock for another 6 weeks and I'm too impatient :)

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
Received the pack the other day, gave it a quick test run today. It's the same as Chinook220's, but in ACU digicam, and without the extra pouch in his pics.

One of the quick release clips on the inside straps was a bit dodgy - slightly too small, so it wouldn't fit into the other half, but flecktarn were great and are sending me another clip. No big deal either way.

Right, lets get the pics out of the way - the links are to my dropbox account, no malware or any funny business, but I thought it'd be better to use the high res pics:

Front

Back

Innards

I chucked some ballast into it (litre of water, bit of food, large paperback, wallet, baccy, assortment of bits and pieces I use geocaching), and wore it for about 2.5 hours of brisk walking today (warm, sunny, good breeze, mainly on the flat but a bit of uphill/downhill). I haven't got a hydration pouch yet so can't comment there, and I took the waist strap and what look like poncho roll type straps off as they weren't needed.

It performed admirably in its relatively light task - I got a bit sweaty as expected in the sun, but not uncomfortable, no chafing or annoying movement.

What I really like is the clamshell opening, no need to go rummaging around, it opens right up like a suitcase. It's also very configurable, covered in molle, with two large pockets in the main space, two velcro covered ports in the top (left and right, probably for aerials, but for us civvies would be great for hydration tubes or headphone cables), and a middle port for hydration tubes as well.

So overall, long-term heavy use remains to be seen, but for the quick walks I tend to do it's perfect. I hope to give it a more thorough test soon.

Hope this is of use to somebody :)

Cheers,
Glyn.

Last edited:

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
not checked the tread for a few days and see glyn has been spending his hard earned on a new pack.

Ive been using mine for work for the last couple of weeks its been rammed full with no issues.

i just need to order a couple of extra pouches for the outside and it will be sorted for outdoor trips

chinook

SI-Den

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2011
Norfolk
I've got one of these packs, also in the tan colour. Great pack, I stick my 2ltr 'camel bak' in it along with all the kit needed for a days treck or a light weekend out & about.

As for how many ltrs it is, I'd say it's a good 30 - 35 ltrs, I have a 45ltr pack and it is smaller than that.

Hope that helps!

Den

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Hi nice looking pack mate
how do you find the pack for size,they look good for organising small items but how are they for sleeping bags cook pots clothing etc
thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE