5th DD group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Hi folks yep here it is the 5th Group buy for DD hammocks and tarps.
Ok the deal that follows is for a minimum of 20 orders.

DD Frontline Hammock = £39 (save £9) + free Hammock Sleeve
DD Travel Hammock = £39 (save £9) + free Hammock Sleeve
DD Tarp = £24 (save £5)
DD Tarp XL = £34 (save £5)
DD Camping Hammock = £19 (save £6)
DD Sleeper = £9 (save £2)
DD Pack (with Frontline Hammock, Tarp + more) = £87 (save £12)
Eagle Solar Torch = £22 (save £4)

They can't offer a discount on the Poncho's, or any product that they did not make like Ghillie kettles or Honey stoves ect ect, or any item that is under £10.
As before DD will offer a postage discount on items bought together (including items under £10).

The only issue is this group buy is it needs to be done in about a month.

Ok folks here is a link to DD www.ddhammocks.com

Thanks Sandbag47

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Cheers for organising this Sandbag.

I already have a Frontline hammock and am impressed with it.

Put me down for another Frontline hammock so my wife can have her own and not nick my kit all the time.

Cheers

George

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
Great, been waiting for another group buy.

Seoras Frontline hammock x1
SimonM Tarp XL x1
Shewie Tarp XL x1
Chris the Cat Frontline hammock x1 + DD Tarp x1
thereaper101 DD Tarp x1

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Sandbag, do you have a contact at DD then? Only reason i ask is that i am after another zip for my Travel Hammock.

I like the bivi/hammock possibility of the Travel hammock, but would like to unzip both sides like the Frontline Hammock - i am quite happy to fit the zip myself.

Cheers

James

Clouston

Jan 11, 2010
East Lancashire
Davey569: What is the difference between the travel and the frontline? I cant seem to find anything.

From the DD blurb:

The Frontline Hammock is made from an ultra comfy form of polyester (two layers with velcro patches between the layers). Unlike the Travel Hammock it is not waterproof (an advantage to this is it is extremely breathable and you can also cocoon yourself between the layers if you wish). As well as for use in the UK / Europe this hammock is a great jungle hammock due to its breathablity and built on mosquito net.

The Travel Hammock features include two waterproof base layers so if needed (no trees) it can be set up on the ground as a basic bivi/tent.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
From the DD blurb:

The Frontline Hammock is made from an ultra comfy form of polyester (two layers with velcro patches between the layers). Unlike the Travel Hammock it is not waterproof (an advantage to this is it is extremely breathable and you can also cocoon yourself between the layers if you wish). As well as for use in the UK / Europe this hammock is a great jungle hammock due to its breathablity and built on mosquito net.

The Travel Hammock features include two waterproof base layers so if needed (no trees) it can be set up on the ground as a basic bivi/tent.

Thanks Clouston, It was just my eyes being lazy then.

Waterproofing or breathability then? Hmmmmm.... Ill have a think about that. :)

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Nice one Sandbag
In their products guide you can swap the Frontline for the Travel Hammock. Could I do the same with you group buy? Also is there any opinion as to which is the best hammock to get, Travel or Frontline? I own a bivibag should I need to be waterproof from the ground but that would mean an extra item to carry?
Love to hear from anyone that has owned or tried both and their experiences :)

Sandbag what is the method of payment should I wish to join the group buy?

Cheers
Craeg

Last edited:

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
I have the same dilemma, Travel or Frontline? I'm thinking for the Travel but am not sure.
Is this also for outside UK members?
Im from Holland and i like to order a hammock and will pay extra for shipping but is depends on the extra charge.

Put me down for a Travel and ill think over it a couple of days.

Last edited:

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I have a travel Hammock and am really pleased with it - only once have i woken up with a condensation wet patch around my backside! It was condensation - honest.

I have never used my hammock as a bivi, but i like the fact that, if needed, i could still be warm & dry on the ground without carrying extra gear.

Two good friends have the Frontline. They have never had any condensation issues as the fabric is breathable, but if they needed to make a bivi on wet ground they might get wet & cold. We came close two weeks ago, but luckily found some trees.

However one improvement the Frontline has, which i want to mod on my Travel hammock is to have the mozie zip on both sides. Travel hammock is just on one side, which for me, always seems to be on the wrong side!

Hope this helps fellas.

James

Clouston

Jan 11, 2010
East Lancashire
More DD Blurb:

New Version of our popular Travel Hammock for 2010.

** Now comes with 2 zips (one either side of mosquito net) allowing quick entry / exit either side of the hammock and also allows you to tie the mosquito net up above you, out of the way, when not needed.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
SimonM Tarp XL x1
Shewie Tarp XL x1
thereaper101 DD Tarp x1
Sasquatch DD Tarp x 1

I've been waiting to see another Sandbag group buy! Just another tarp for me, thanks as always! Chad

rcastillo

Jul 10, 2009
London
SimonM Tarp XL x1
Shewie Tarp XL x1
thereaper101 DD Tarp x1
Sasquatch DD Tarp x 1
Rcastillo DD Tarp x 1

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Thanks Clouston, I'm now tempted to buy a "new" travel hammock. As mine is still in great condition I'm not sure i can justify effectively spending £39 on a zip!

Now if i could sell my old one first, half price?, then it would be very tempting. Hmmmm

James

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
ok guys payments are by paypal, bank transfer or cheaque....i perfer bank transfer as you pay more with paypal and i have a bank account set up for group buys and i have cheques aswell but can take to long to clear.

and just so you know payments are before you recive your items..
ok guys

as for which hammock is best i must say i like both of them..but the frontline is the one i use most and the travel is used mostly by my eldest daughter.

Trunks... i'll ask about the zip for you

Pepperana ...no problem with posting over seas as long as you don't mind the extra cost in postage.

Craeg........the frontline is best for you i use a bivi aswell sometimes. as for swapping mmmmm i have never had that done on a gb... legally i know you can return unused items but you pay the extra in postage and that could start to cost you a far bit so i would stick with just one.

ok folks :)

sandbag

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE