5minute MOD

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
take one MOD blade
DSCN1759.jpg

and some handle bar tape for a road bike and hey presto I knife costing under £20
DSCN1760.jpg

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Andy

PM'd you. Looks like a good project. I fancy some nice lime green tape myself :) . Do you know where these blades can be obtained from?

Thanks

Rat

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
leon-1 said:
Not the only one interested in where you can get these blades from:)

Idem dito ... (I had a brainwave: knife ... paracord ... :togo: )
This thread is going to be soooo monotonous :p :D

Andy ... I'm not gonna ask why you used pink mate ;)
What grind is it? Looks like it has a second bevel ... Or is it just the pic?

Anyway, good idea you had!

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
a bit more details

the knife blade is just one that I had which at the time was spare and I was going to do a bit of gardening and needed a chopper. These blades come direct from the factory with in most cases a shaving sharp edge. There is a very tiny secondary bevel but this doesn't seem to affect it in use over a knife without the secondary bevel. I have thought about using bike handle bar tape in the past andd thought the shocking pink stuff we had in would have a bit of comic value making it less scary and also easy to find when I put it down in grass. (I did consider green paracord).I must point out that we had the tape from when the bike shop my brother worked at was throwing it out and we can't have waste. This blade has one rolls worth of tape on it and there were two rolls in the package. I have thought about doing a matching green river blade but I'm not sure how well it would work with the thinner tang. The good thing about this method is it hides the step from the blade to the tang where the guard would be on the normal MOD knife

I have had to redo the tape a few times to get it to feel right and this has meant that it's not as sticky anymore so needed copydex to hold the ends down. It is now a usable handle with a bit of give to it but gets the job done.
This post on BB shows one which has a para cord wrap handle
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showpost.php?p=289915&postcount=209

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE