5.11 Tactical Operator’s Belt for Abseiling and Backaches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harry The Camper

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.yahoo.com
I am a happy camper today.

Thanks to bandel4, :You_Rock_ I am now the happy owner of a 5.11 Operator’s belt. All for just over £7. It’s genuine for sure, but the factory had stitched in the code for the cheaper TDU belt and this is probably why the entire production run was rejected.

This is a big departure for me as my ‘normal’ bushcraft kit looks like, and often is, charity shop recycled clothing, as those of you who know me can testify.

I was looking for a strong belt so that I can abseil down steep slopes without resorting to the painful classic abseil or having to improvise a sit harness out of some rope or rely on less safe methods of descent. You click on a krab and away you go. The buckle is rated to 6,000lbs and the webbing is bombproof.

A surprising bonus (and best feature) was that the belt reduces my currently chronic backache to negligible when adjusted tightly.:D

If you have these concerns, do get one.

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/H...ide/D/30100/P/1:100:50000:50800:50806/I/59405

Don't mean to raise the dead, but having bought the same belt, then finding out that it is in fact a cheap copy made in China...

I promptly went out and bought the genuine article. At 35 USD, you get a much better buckle with properly sewn webbing instead of a look-alike that I wouldn't trust with much more than keeping my trousers up.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE