5.11 Tactical and Taclite Pro Vest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Over the past six years or so, I have worn the 5.11 Tactical Vest in 100% 241g (8.5oz) Cotton Canvas virtually every day. With 17 pockets it has been just the ticket to carry all the junk us handbag-less males seem to accumulate in our everyday lives. One great point with this vest has been the build quality. The material is not only very robust it is soft as well. With quad stitching and bar tacks at all the main stress points it has shown no signs of seam stretching at all and has worn well over the years. The only thing I have found is even with good ventilation points it has been a little warm on the hottest days of the year.
Both Vests

IMG_1564.jpg

214g 100% Cotton Canvas material

IMG_1563.jpg

A bit of blurb from 5.11’s web site
5.11 Tactical Vest Description:
• Designed for concealed carry
• Back-Up Belt System™
• Hidden BBS™ pockets on each side of vest
• 18 Pockets
• Key hook for safe access to your keys
• Quad-stitched and bartacked at all stress points
• Two layers of 8.5 oz., 100% cotton canvas
• Two pockets sized for AR Magazines
• Rear water bottle pockets
• Reinforced half-collar
• 360 degree pocket that wraps completely around the vest
• Perfect for the Outdoors. Including Hunting and Hiking
• iPAD compatible

I decided to buy another vest; I needed one in a different colour, this time I chose the 5.11 Taclite Pro Vest.

The only difference between the vests is the material, this time we have a much lighter 173g (6.1 oz) 65%polyester/ 35% cotton ripstop with Teflon finish. 5.11 have retained the quad stitching and bar tacks with the same pocket configuration. It is much lighter than the cotton version and significantly cooler to wear.
6.1-oz 65% polyester/ 35% cotton material

IMG_1550.jpg

A bit more blurb from 5.11’s web site
TacLite™ Pro Vest Description:
• New lightweight Taclite™ fabric
• 6.1-oz 65% polyester/35% cotton ripstop with Teflon™ finish
• 17 Pockets
• Accommodates AR mags, maps, sunglasses, phone, snacks, water bottles, binoculars, etc.
• Cut long to conceal sidearm
• 5.11's Back-Up Belt System™ compatible
• Quad-stitched, 55 bar tacks at all stress points
• iPAD compatible
• Imported

I have had this kit for a while now, and have had it cooked by the sun, sopping wet and caked in mud, it washes well and retains its colour, at a guess I would say that it has been washed around twenty times and still looks like I have just unpacked it.

I have every confidence that this will last as long as my original vest as, in my opinion, the Americans have very high quality control standards. I have a number of 5.11 products which I will review in the near future, I never had a problem with any of them.
I carry quite a lot in these vests, due the design the weight is very well distributed, in fact much better than any other vest I have owned.

I am a 52” chest, XXL is a perfect fit.

If you are looking for this type of EDC kit carry option, I could not recommend these vests enough.

The Taclite Pro Vest Came from http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/UK_Tactical_5_11_Tactical_Vest_977.html
511’s web site: www.5.11tactical.com

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Looks very nice. I have been looking for something for summer as the sass ventile is too warm for summer use but I love the carry capabilities of it.
D

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Looks very nice. I have been looking for something for summer as the sass ventile is too warm for summer use but I love the carry capabilities of it.
D

You wont go wrong with the quality and useability of one of these, take a clost look and the colours available, a lighter colour may suit you better for summer use.

As far as load carrying goes check this viseo out, its one I found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibEYwFOIMc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE