3 places on Mors Kochanski Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
PM and payment sent regarding additional place for Jason Sears (who now owes me £130 - I'll have to break one of your legs in advance)

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
I have signed up for this but cant find the info on what I need to bring, I think some of you have already attended one of these courses after the moot. The only info I can find is "Self catering, cook on stoves, tents preferred.", I only have a 3 man tent that is quite heavy so is there much walking involved meaning I will need a smaller one or is it a static camp close to the meeting point? Do I need to bring a knife/axe? water? I usually fill my back pack nice and full with junk but I have a feeling I might not need much at all.
Cant wait!!

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Hello mate, most of the bushcraft schools publish a kit list on their websites for students attending forthcoming courses, take a look at a few and it should give you some idea. For starters, take a look at the page on the Woodsmoke website:

http://www.woodsmoke.uk.com/p/v//FAQ/Bushcraft+Course+Kit+List/

I am on the course too so if you are completely stumped let me know a few days before as I might have some spare stuff I could lend you.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Wet weather gear, a scandi grind knife for the fiddly carving, a digital camera,notebook and whatever else you want.

I was on the last one and that seems the basics on top of normal camping gear.

But you aren't far from the car so load up.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
PM'd you but too late :D

As the others have said, you'll not need a lot. There's plenty of water on site, your tent is fine, you'll not have to walk far with it at all.

I'd take a little backpack as well so you can keep some water in it and any other little bits while you wander about, you'll probably go up the local ridge/hill a few times.

Oh, and dont' forget your first aid kit, everyone that carries a knife should carry a first aid kit.

I'm also going to merge this thread with the Mors course thread..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE