2nd Dutch oven group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
fantastic to hear that most of you have got your stuff.....i just want to know if anyone hasen't recived their stuff yet
thank you all
sandbag :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Sandbag,

Just an update:

Swift Valley last weekend

Seasoning DO:

dutchovenseasoning3.jpg

Muntjac BBQ Ribs:

bbqribs5.jpg

Full Lamb Roast:

lambroastdinner1.jpg

lambroastdinner5.jpg

Many thanks once again:D

Blutack

Nov 21, 2007
Glasgowish
Just a wee heads up folks - I just got my D/O out to start sanding it down as per British Red's instructions, and I've noticed my lid doesn't fit properly.

I think there's been a problem with the casting, since the internal diameter of the pan varies between 290mm and 300mm across depending on where it is measured. However, since the lid is a shade over 290mm, there's no way to make it fit, no matter how hard I try!!

Dutchovenlid3.jpg

Anyhow - Sandbag47, I've E-mailed the photo above to Ronnie Sunshines, so hopefully I'll be able to sort this out with them pretty quickly, without dragging you into it!!

With any luck, this is just a one-off fault, and all the rest will be fine. However, be sure to check when you receive your ovens, just in case!!

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Mine has been further seasoned (twice) and used today to demonstrate baking bread on a Forest Survival course. DO worked fine just the bl**** fire wouldn't behave. Wood was dry standing deadwood and I split it to get at the drier inside but it was still difficult to get really good embers. Bread turned out fine..........................................eventually! A very happy bunny here. Going to season further before the next course(s) in the New Year. Glossy interior already just need to redo the interior and complete the exterior.

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Ok guys, thats this GB ended (i gave it till the end off the month).
Thanks to all for being involved in this GB.
Now lets see what i can do a GB for next :)

Sandbag47

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE