24 hour famine charity pledge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Quick reminder that today's the day this teddy bear leaves his piiiiiicniiiiiic and if anyone has a couple of quid to donate then all the better.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'll put something in on your behalf. I'm sure you'll let us all know once you have finished it. A worthy cause and I wish you well in the fasting - I'm sure you will do it.

My daughter did the same thing when she was about 16 for, I think, one of the clean water charities and she completed it. I was impressed. I was not so impressed with a couple of her friends who had sponsored her and then reneged on the deal (to be fair, most people paid up).

Geoff

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
How's it going?

Geoff

Fine thanks Geoff. Funny how even though I had lunch at 11am (I don't think that's cheating :p ) at 12.02 I felt I could eat a scabby cat :lmao: and been feeling thirsty even though I hydrated very well throughout the morning but again it's that psychological trickery playing around.

A mate at work was bugging me with Krispy Kreme doughnuts late afternoon but luckily I don't have too bad a sweet tooth :cool:

The family ate tea about 2 hours ago but the smell of food is still hanging in the air :rolleyes: :D

I tend to get all bearish with a sore paw when I get hungry so I need to keep myself check for sulkage :lmao: but really it's fine.

About now on a Friday I would be blowing the froth off a few but I've included a no liquids rule :deal: which is why I did this on the Friday to make it harder for myself :naughty:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I'm with you all the way Matt..in spirit...had me dinner and now on beer no. 6.:You_Rock_

Funny but i've went without food for days when ill,but an enforced fast prior to an endoscopy along with the medicine to 'scour' you out left me almost rabid for food.

That's the hungriest i've ever felt,maybe 'cos i couldn't do much else other than be near the 'throne'.

Sorry for the mental images:eek:

But do let us know what foods you start to crave...:sad6:

Tom.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Hopefully you will have a good sleep, and so pass some of the time that way, then the morning isn't going to be that long. I'll look forward to hearing how you got on once you have achieved your goal.

Geoff

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Well, I've failed...

...to eat or drink anything yet :D the thing is that I now have a kind of stubborn inner will to push it and see how far I can go :neo2:

I feel fine to be honest and yes I do feel as if I could eat and drink something it's no way near like I was expecting so I'm glad that I have risen to it. I have done nothing excessively energetic mind and have just come back from walking the dog.

Thanks for all the support folk ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You had me going there :D
I actually said, "Awww :( is he okay ? "

:eek:

Glad it hasn't been dreadful......so what have you got planned to break your fast with?

cheers,
Toddy

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Matt, you don't have to stop at 24 hrs... just think how much I'd have to pay you for a week :eek: :eek:

... the thing is that I now have a kind of stubborn inner will to push it and see how far I can go :neo2:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :sulkoff:

Seriously, Well done Matt :You_Rock_

tell you what... I'll double my offer if you stop at 24 hours ;)

remind me... what's the link to where i pay again? I can't see it in this thread:rolleyes:

EDIT: just found the link in the first post :eek:

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
You had me going there :D
I actually said, "Awww :( is he okay ? "

:eek:

Glad it hasn't been dreadful......so what have you got planned to break your fast with?

cheers,
Toddy

:D Thanks for your concern Mary - very sweet of tou but yes, I'm fine.

Oh, I have just had a ham, cheese and tomato butty and 2 pints of water :) MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE