2012 Pocket Stove in Ti and SS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The folks that made the cool Honey stove have now mae a smaller version in stainless and titanium. The titanium Pocket being much cheaper than the full ti Honey stove. I use this size stove the most when using my Honey, so it looks like a purchase is on the cards.

[video=youtube;6IO1dLvMBno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IO1dLvMBno&feature=pl ayer_embedded[/video]

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It looks like a perfect stove for me to use with my Crusader/Osprey and USGI canteen/cup set ups. Certainly lighter and more compact than the Crusader Cooker base, and it increases fuel efficiency too and decreases boil times too. It will just slide into a pocket in my bag or canteen pouch and take up no space at all.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Certainly makes my MSR xgk seem very heavy.
I don't think I'll be parting with it but may have to get one of the Ti stoves as an everyday carry.
Thanks for posting JD.
Cheers , Simon

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
It looks as if a lot of thought has gone into the design of that - a very elegant bit of design. I've never used a stove anything like this - my only concern is how fiddly they would be to put together when it's cold.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have the SS one and its cracking little bit of kit, the Ti one is lighter than this one but to me who is not that concerned about a couple of oz in weight saving. I am over the moon with mine great buy. my advice GET ONE.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Many thanks. I've taken the plunge and 'gone Titanium'. I'm really looking forward to its arrival - they look like great bits of kit: really, really light in weight and incredibly versatile!

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Just a thought with this stove- why not consider buying a Honey at £39 which includes a small "pocket stove" type cooker (it weighs 35g more than the pocket stove).

That way you have all the honey options open to you. Unless you are a gram weenie (I know some are) 35g is nothing. To give you an idea the side panels are 34g, so 5 of them is the same weight that the square cooker option with baseplate would weigh. Of course if you are just using a meths burner in the slots a bottom plate isn't needed.

For early adopters of the honey the square bottom plate weighs 34g and is found here: http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product572.asp?PageID=0 £4.49 and £3! delivery.

P.S. If anyone wants to sell their bottom plate let me know!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The SS does me fine too. I've got the full Honey, but at just over half the price, this pocket version would have been better for me as it is smaller and lighter and I only ever use those parts of the full Honey - but it's slightly too long to sit at the base of my pouch. This pocket jobby sits just nicely.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I've used both the full and part (square) honey. TBH I find them a bit fiddly, but the concept and practical use side of it is excellent. Us early adopters didn't get the square bottom plate tho :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE