2010 Bushmoot Photography Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm offering the photography course again this year!

Here is a link to some of the photographs from last year's course:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclingrelf/sets/72157621962259214/
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44119

I'm not having sign ups this year, but if you want to register your interest, feel free.

INFORMATION

DAY:

• Introduction to settings and what they do.
  • Introduction to composition and how to take specific photographs.
You need yourself and your camera manual if you have it. If you don't then I recommend that you spend a few hours each day going through the menu and familiarising yourself with the controls, especially how to change the shutter speed, aperture and Iso.

As everyone will have a different camera, it will difficult to show you how to change these on the day.​

NIGHT:

• Taking atmospheric photographs of people and fire.
  • Light painting.
Preferably you will have come along to the day course, if not then you will need to know what Shutter speed, Aperture and ISO is and be confident in changing them on the fly.

You will need:
  1. A plastic bag - ziplock is best, though a carrier bag will do in a pinch OR a tripod. << Please bring one of these as you will find it really hard to take part otherwise.
  2. Torch, if you have coloured lenses or mini coloured torches, bring them for the light painting part.
  3. A couple of glow sticks.

For both lessons, you might want to bring a notebook and pencil, there is a lot of information to process so keeping a few notes will help you.

If you have any questions, please ask.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited:

hoppinmad

Forager
Dec 7, 2009
Swansea Valley
Hi Cobweb,
I would be very interested in taking your course at the moot..but have a question on the suitability of my camera which is a cheap compact digital..I can change the iso and ev but the shutter speed is only settable on the night auto settings.
Would this camera be suitable for attendance of your course?
Regards
Stu

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Hey Stu,
It sounds fine :) Bring it along to the day course and then grab me after the session and I'll take a look and see if it's okay for the night one :)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I did Cobwebs photo course last year and it was fantastic. She covered tons of stuff and taught in plain english.... It's a fun and informative day that I highly recommend !! :D

Guilty

Aug 4, 2008
Croydon
Thanks Cobweb, for the photography course and for much more (Kacaw!!) Great to meet you, been a fan of your work for a couple of years.
Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE