2007 Celebrations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
There must be 100s of Jamborees going on around the world next year.

Anyone attending the Hampshire Jamboree (H007) it'll be great to put faces to names.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Mr_Rimps said:
There must be 100s of Jamborees going on around the world next year.

Anyone attending the Hampshire Jamboree (H007) it'll be great to put faces to names.
When is it? We could ask for a "Bushcrafters Sub-camp". Don't tell anybody what we are doing and just watch the faces on the overseas visitors when they walk round our site. We will end up getting donations of "proper" equipment from third world countries :lmao:

Bosun

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 30, 2003
Gloucester, UK
This may be a bit naughty of me, but I wonder just what other countries are planning for 2007.

I've just returned from a visit to a BSA Troop in Atlanta, and they seemed to be totally unaware of the Centenary. Now, I know that the Americans can be a little parochial, but we seem to be bombarded with marketing "stuff" - neckers, badges, belts, etc - and I just wondered if we're the only country that'll be taking any notice.

Does anyone have any contacts in for'n parts that are planning to celebrate the Centenary?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i don't know what i'm doing.
i'll be offering my services to another scout groupas the one i'mat at the moment looks like it's shutting down.
i'll have to wait and see.

Bosun said:
This may be a bit naughty of me, but I wonder just what other countries are planning for 2007.

Does anyone have any contacts in for'n parts that are planning to celebrate the Centenary?

In Brussels, the scouts and guides are taking over the city in the weekend of April 27-29. Around 2000 will camp in the parks of the city. There will be activities all over the centre of brussels and it ends with a gathering of around 80.000 in the King Baudouin stadium on the Heysel.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Mr_Rimps said:
Anyone know of any other jamborees going on in the UK (apart from the obvious one ;) )
Wallingford (oxon) district are having a get together on the ground I 'keeper in May.
I'm not involved in that district but they've asked me to do some bushcraft/ wildlife stuff and invited my troop as well.
Not quite sure what to do yet...

Mark

D

Deleted member 4605

Mr_Rimps said:

Our group is going to be there, and so should I.

TAZ

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2004
Farnborough, Hampshire
for 2 weeks before and after the big "jam" at chelmsford you can be part of the put-up/take-down crew and you don't pay a thing! And they give you a day pass for the event itself.

D

Deleted member 4605

schwuk said:
Our group is going to be there, and so should I.

Got it wrong. Our group will be in Hampshire, but not at that particular camp. Details of ours are here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE