20 LTR of Kit *picture heavy!*

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
well this is is what i usually carry out into the woods am i missing anything from this kit also wanted to show a use for the yoke with the 2 10 ltr bergan side pouches never seen them used.

In the image below i have my gear packed away
DSCF0595.jpg

This is it all emptied out and now to the nitty gritty
DSCF0596.jpg

Heres my shelter: "on top we have my 1/3 self inflating sleeping mat." "first item on the left is my Tarp/Basha packed down." "in the middle we have my tent pegs 16 in total." "and my poncho that turns into groundsheet bivvi etc."
DSCF0599.jpg

My Mobile kitchen next: Bushcooker, vargo decagon meth stove, gelert ascent 1 cookset, Trangia meths bottle, and lastly a windsheild.
DSCF0600.jpg

This is'nt in the main bag but usually kept on my belt 1 litre nato 58 pat water bottle with bcb cookset usually carry gel in the dpm water pouch.
DSCF0598.jpg

and finally here is my pouch usually kept in the bag to keep it all tidy etc quite a bit in here i think im missing some items for it be called perfect but i cant think of what else to put in except a fishing kit of some kind and traps but i cant think of where to look to get the right stuff.
DSCF0602.jpg

Just adding in pack with 2 trecking poles quite secure wont budge an inch.
DSCF0603.jpg

BTW if you want any info on these items or where i picked them up just post or pm me

Last edited:

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I love seeing these kind of threads where you get to see other peoples set ups but I have one question, where do you pack your food and water ? Even for one day/night trip out you will need to carry food and water and in my experience its these that take up a lot of room and weigh the most.

Andrew

I love seeing these kind of threads where you get to see other peoples set ups but I have one question, where do you pack your food and water ? Even for one day/night trip out you will need to carry food and water and in my experience its these that take up a lot of room and weigh the most.

Andrew

well theres still a bit of room to have a small but intensive 3 course meal but as i said i carry a litre externally on my belt no more room in this pack
theres still some small amounts of room to carry some rice etc like in the pot itself so i could manage
+ the pouch can be moved out of the bag and put on the belt as well opening about a litre and a halve more space in the bag itself

MartinK9 said:
Nice set up.

thanks

Last edited:
Nice load out.
How much does it weigh?
And is it comfortable?

I imagine it weighs about 4 kilos havent got annything to weigh it but its very light may actually be 3 kilos

well depends how you pack it walked 5 miles with it this morning had to ajust the position of the meths bottle so it was towards the outside but fine no probs

Last edited:

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
well theres still a bit of room to have a small but intensive 3 course mill but as i said i carry a litre externally on my belt no more room in this pack
theres still some small amounts of room to carry some rice etc like in the pot itself so i could manage
+ the pouch can be moved out of the bag and put on the belt as well opening about a litre and a halve more space in the bag itself

thanks

Good stuff, I was just wondering because I can never get my gear as tidy as that..... nice job

Andrew

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
nice, I would be tempted to choose between the tarp and poncho and lose the inflating mat... but gain a sleeping bag instead! and choose between the two cooking kits too? just my opinion its still a pretty light kit.

nice, I would be tempted to choose between the tarp and poncho and lose the inflating mat... but gain a sleeping bag instead! and choose between the two cooking kits too? just my opinion its still a pretty light kit.

lol the bushcooker isnt a cooking pot :p lol BushCooker also the poncho can become my bivi but i could when i get my new cooking pot open up a bit more space and have a small sleeping bag but my kit bag would have to go on a beltbut would still work

lol oops now i know what ya meant sorry got a bit confused there well i always carry that as is like to have a back up for unforeseeable circumstances

Last edited:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Certainly a tidy set up, but how long would you be planning on being out with just that? I know you said youcould carry some rice etc in a few places, does that mean you haven't yet or perhaps I've missed it. A sleeping bag will certainly take up much of the 20ltrs, god knows mines does but it's far from either light, small or warm.. lol Hopefully going up the hills again this weekend, and will see what my gear packs down to /weighs for a giggle..

Certainly a tidy set up, but how long would you be planning on being out with just that? I know you said youcould carry some rice etc in a few places, does that mean you haven't yet or perhaps I've missed it. A sleeping bag will certainly take up much of the 20ltrs, god knows mines does but it's far from either light, small or warm.. lol Hopefully going up the hills again this weekend, and will see what my gear packs down to /weighs for a giggle..

lol my sleeping bag can compact down very small i still have bits and pieces of room i wonder how much i can get in there thinking of it if i where to use my poncho as shelter carry my bivi bag i would have a fair bit more space.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE