2 problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
From Drew.........

" [h=2]
icon1.png
creating another acount[/h]
Tried that and cos my email addresses are drewdunnrespect@ whatever I can't do it unless I make a third email address with a complete new email address and secondly it won't let me make a new account from my phone anyway because it says i am already logged in as drewdunnrespect but I am not so I can't even make a new account
either can u
post this on the thread and thanks for trying
drew "​

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Hiya gang I can post but I have two accounts under the same username one in capitals one in lower case I.e

DREWDUNNRESPECT

And the second one

drewdunnrespect

Now I am posting with the second and cos the first won't let me and the way I figured this out
Was by logging in with out capitals when if I did this normally it wouldn't let me
So there is Deffos some thing rong with system
Anyways I will under this username till told otherwise
Drew

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hiya gang I can post but I have two accounts under the same username one in capitals one in lower case...

Progress!

That definitely sounds like a bug in the forum software.

AFAICT the user ID isn't case sensitive so in the forum database there shouldn't be two accounts with the same spelling but different case. There should be just one account. It will be very easy for someone with access to the database to check that. It's a fairly trivial matter to code things that ignore case in European languages, but if the software is to cope with e.g. Asian character sets too it's a different matter and bugs can be expected. This forum software has earned a bit of a bad rep in that area.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Progress!

That definitely sounds like a bug in the forum software.

AFAICT the user ID isn't case sensitive so in the forum database there shouldn't be two accounts with the same spelling but different case. There should be just one account. It will be very easy for someone with access to the database to check that. It's a fairly trivial matter to code things that ignore case in European languages, but if the software is to cope with e.g. Asian character sets too it's a different matter and bugs can be expected. This forum software has earned a bit of a bad rep in that area.

yep defos progress but what that dunn for the system admin i dont know

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE