2 of My Young Grandsons, BSA Mess Kits, and a Hobo Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Haggis

Nomad
I took 2 of my younger Grandsons camping last week; later, we also were joined by several more Grand-Darlings. Here is a photo of Cameron (11) and Eldrid (8) having a go at cooking supper on a hobo stove with their BSA mess kits. Mac 'n' Cheese, tea, and Spam on the menu. They gathered their own fuel, tended the fire, (which they kept gong for several hours), cooked their own food, and washed their own dishes.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:)

BSA stands for "Birmingham Small Arms" in the civilised parts of the world.

Good to see the young uns learning

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I did wonder ....I couldn't work out why BSA had made mess kits and I'd never heard of it :dunno:

Sounds like the lads were capably engaged with it all Haggis :D

M

Haggis

Nomad
I tell my Grand-Darlings that if they go camping with me, they're leaving their mother's at home. I might give them guidance, or make recommendations, but in camp, they're on their own crook. Seems to me that children will rise to what ever level we will allow them.

Sorry about the BSA thingy, I used to ride a BSA motorcycle in the mid to late '60's, should have remembered. And yes, here, in some circles, BSA means Boys Scouts of America as has been already cleared up,,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE