2 Knotwork belts and a wallet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Has been a busy week! Here are two of my latest belts and a wallet

The first belt was for a friend. He wanted it 2" with ravens and some knotwork. He also asked if i could make a rustic pocket for nails to go in as this belt will be for fence work and the like. I added a couple extra parts to go along with it, all pretty rough as they are going to get bashed around. So it has an added nail pocket, G clip, solid metal hoop for a hammer, and loops for plier handles etc. The raven designs i got permission to use from a tattoo artist i know (Nirvanaoftime), i just modified them a little to work better with the leather

cimg2694j.jpg

workbelt.jpg

I was also asked by a member here to make a 2" belt with a triskele, some knotwork, and his nickname in runic styled writing. he also wanted this to have a double prong buckle. I must say Dougster was a life saver here helping me with the buckle its a nice solid brass one the same as he uses on his armageddon belts.

cimg2697b.jpg

cimg2698g.jpg

Group shots

cimg2705j.jpg

cimg2706g.jpg

And finally a wallet. This is the second wallet i have made, and the first one i have made from scratch (i used a wallet kit first time). It was certainly a learning curve!

He wanted a Hindu symbol carved on the front, he gave me the design but we changed the centre to a triskele as it worked better and a Hindu saying on the back but in runes. Strange but hey ho! He wanted two cash slots and a load of card slots too. I found this wallet to be pretty tricky (especially getting the edges right and placing my mark) and my imaginary hat goes off to the wallets i have seen made by other leatherworkers on here, just wow!

cimg2716n.jpg

hinduwallet.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Hamish

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Nice work dreadhead. Loving the wallet and the belts are great. Your great at photographing the stuff you make! What Akers do you have?
Thanks
Jacob

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's pretty spectacular stuff Hamish, the definition you get on your embossing is so clear and the general skill level just seems to grow all the time.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Some more good stuff there. Is that the Eco-Flo dyes again? Quite a different (and interesting) colour difference from the usual browns you get from oil /spirit dyes.

Geoff

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
thanks everyone :) the feedback means a lot

Some more good stuff there. Is that the Eco-Flo dyes again? Quite a different (and interesting) colour difference from the usual browns you get from oil /spirit dyes.

Geoff

For the belts i used eco-flo dark brown antique gel and finished with carnauba cream and neatsfoot oil. it works great with tooling. for the wallet i used a coat of fiebings pro oil light brown cut with white spirit. then i added a light coat of supersheen resist and carnauba cream. then i added a light coat of the antique gel and finished with neatsfoot oil.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
looks great mate, what leather did you use for the inside mate? on the wallet.
and did you shorten the card pockets inside?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I bet your mate can't wait to get to work! Some really fine stuff there; you have an unmistakeable style of your own, great! ....atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE