2 days/1 night Dartmoor or Brecon recommend please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
Hi folks, it's half term and I have the possibility of 2 days hiking with a night out under tarp.

I would like to do Dartmoor or Brecon. I want to park up early morning and do a 2 day circuit. Any recommendations of where I can park safely overnight and have 2 days walk (hopefully with clean(ish) water available.

TIA

Alex

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
have a look at dixies corner on the area at brecon, you can leave the car there no probs, walk away and camp in any woods you like, just make sure your not walking into an ambush area...;)

as for water there is loads around that area just have a look on the map and away you go, or try the black mountains which is close ish to that area, woods moors water and no ambush areas to worry about... just have a look on the OS maps for good sites, where ever you go though tell some one where your going and when you should be back, just in case the weather draws in and things go wrong, trust me i have been there enough to know dude...:)

best of luck and enjoy the outing...

ps i miss brecon and the blacks...:(:(:(:(:(

regards

chris.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Alex, Myself, Savagebushcraft, Skate and Paul Webster are Camping and walking on Dartmoor , from midday today Sun to Weds , if you want to start your couple of days out with us , or stay a night /pop in say hello / have a brew or even know that we will know where you are from a safety /common sense point of view , you would be more than welcome . ( not doubting your navigation/common sense skills )

We are meeting at Shipley Bridge/ Avon Dam , car park , safe parking and a great base to explore Dartmoor , with loads to see ,and explore , part of the Two Moors Way, Brentmoor House (ruins) SX 681629, few things to google , i will send my No. by pm if you fancy it give me a ring .

Atb Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE