1st knife personalisation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Hi all,

I know this probably isn't to everyone's taste, but I'm really happy with it came out. I bought a becker bk9 from a member on here not long ago. It was in good condition, but I wanted to change the patina and the edge needed a little work.

Here's how it looked when I got it:
u7a4ase4.jpg

This weekend I got the chance to work on it, I started by sanding the whole thing down to about 1000 grit. I then put a mustard patina on the handle and top of the blade with a toothbrush. After that I gave the non patina parts a rub over with 2500 grit. Finally I gave it a good seeing to with my lansky, two clamps for bigger blades and it's come out by far my sharpest blade! Scary sharp!

Anyway here are the pics

3ezebyny.jpg

a6anypyn.jpg

sudagu9y.jpg

jazepy6u.jpg

Thanks for looking.

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Not my favourite things for sure but you've done a nice job with it

Not the type of blade I'd go for, but you've done a wonderful job on it! :)

Thanks guys, I know a lot of people on here don't favour bigger knives, but I really like the becker knives. This was my 1st attempt at anything like this, I was really nervous, but I don't think it could of turned out better tbh.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
You have done a mustard job 😝 sorry I couldn't help myself.

All jokes aside it look like a good modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
Wow that's a beast! Nice job though the etch looks great.

Nice work! The mustard worked much better than the strips of steak that I used on it.

Can I have it back now please? :)

I might have to hold onto it a little longer I'm afraid, to appreciate my hard work and all :p

I kept the red liners btw, you can't see it in the photo but they're there. They were a great addition.

You have done a mustard job 😝 sorry I couldn't help myself.

All jokes aside it look like a good modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE