11-11-11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Flanders Poppy by British Red, on Flickr

To all the members of the forum whose service makes our lives possible - my thanks.

To those who bought our freedom with their lives and limbs and souls

We Remember.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice of you to pop it up Red, nice display and great sentiment. Unfortunately freedom must be won. So thanks to all who have served.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've been trying to keep my paper poppies from the last few years and thread them through the frame of a circular mirror, unfortunately we've recently moved and need to find the box with them in. I may have to start again.

The cubs/ beavers/ browines etc of my town held a service last Sunday at the local monument, I was pleasantly surprised when it looked like most [if not all] of them turned up. Mostly when the cubs etc do extra service things there is only a small smattering who come along.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. Ive been a youth worker for 20 years and youd be surprised just how many do know and remember with respect what our service men and women have done and are doing for them and our country. Its been unfortunate that some of the worst disrespect Ive witnessed has been by people of an older generation that should know better!

When the sun goes down, we will remember them!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We went to a nice school rememberance assembly today, they did a good job, also my kids had the privilege of laying a wreath at the Cenotaph on Sunday as part of the town's service, all very moving and great for the kids to experience and get an idea of what's been sacrificed for all of us.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I loathe the use of our armed forces for political and financial reasons, I have nothing but respect for the men and women who go to fight. I know there are people here who are ex or current military people. Thank you for your service.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great respect for those who gave it all to protect our country, they were remembered and always will be - I attended a service today.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I spent the 11th hour looking on the war graves commission web site to find out where a relative of mine had died, in which battle, and where his grave is. He was only 15!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them."

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I loathe the use of our armed forces for political and financial reasons, I have nothing but respect for the men and women who go to fight. I know there are people here who are ex or current military people. Thank you for your service.

You really did not need to post that now did you:rolleyes:

I was in Aberdare Sunday and we had a great turnout from Beavers, cadets to serving forces, wonderful.

My beautiful grandson starts Beavers this coming Friday as chance would have it :)

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Very nice effort, Hugh! Yes, we do remember them!

If you are able,
save them a place
inside of you
and save one backward glance
when you are leaving
for the places they can
no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say
you loved them,
though you may
or may not have always.
Take what they have left
and what they have taught you
with their dying
and keep it with your own.
And in that time
when men decide and feel safe
to call the war insane,
take one moment to embrace
those gentle heroes
you left behind.

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell

James Higgins

Oct 4, 2014
Nottinghamshire
Salutations to the hereoes back in the day! Now what they did was the removal of a "real" oppressive regime. Not some made up garbage like we constantly find today so that their resources may be grabbed or canal controlled.

They were the genuine heroes

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
On behalf of those genuine heroes who have lost their lives, limbs and souls since "back in the day", get your head out of your fourth point of contact Mr. Higgins! Military service people execute lawful orders without question. They do not choose when and where to deploy, they go where ordered. Their sacrifice is no less honorable than those that came before them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE