10cm Zebra Billy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hi

Does anybody know where I can buy a 10cm Zebra billy can?

I have looked high and low through the usual suppliers but had no luck as yet.

If anyone out there can help I would be grateful.

Regards
Nick

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Before you do buy one, they are really small. Only really any good for a brew and a small meal for one. If you wanted to cook a stew or such like, you wouldn't get much in! I'd try for a 12cm personally, a perfect size for one person. Just my own opinion.

For zebra billies, try ebay, they come up there sometimes under loop handled billy, or Andrew at Outdoorcode, I'm pretty sure he stocks them. Maybe if you want to start cheap, buy a stainless steel coffee/tea/sugar pot from woolworths or wilkinsons. Very cheap and can be modified within minutes.

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Hi Spamel

Thanks for the input. Your right they are quite small I already have a 12cm one but I want a smaller just to keep size too a minimum.

It would only be a meal for one so I reckon it may just about do?

I would be interested to know if anyone else had bought a 10cm billy and later regreted it because they found it to be too small?

Nick

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi
if you want a smaller billy to go inside your 12cm zebra billy, Woolworths is definitely worth a look they have some stainless containers with plastic lids at about £4 one of which is a perfect fit inside 12 cm billy.
All you need top do is remove plastic lid and fittings and it slides straight in.
The zebra lid also fits all you have to do is driil two holes and fit wire handle
Chas

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
SMOKOE said:
I ordered a 10cm amd 12cm from here last week,

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=4458&highlight=zebra

Must admit they havn't arrived yet but I,ve had no message to say they're out of stock

(By the way the prices have gone up considerably since this thread :( )

These are the same people as those from Culinox, as mentioned by Woodcutter in post #2. They operate under a number of names (I hope I'm correct in saying this):
- Stockpots
- Culinox
- Weymouth

As said before, have an eye on E-bay - they pop up every now and then.

Also look at Bisonbushcraft: 10cm >> 12 GBP, though, at the moment temporarely out of stock (don't know what they are on E-bay).

HTH

EDIT: didn't see post by Outdoorcode :rolleyes:

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wayland said:
I moved in the same direction as you. I had a 12cm but got a 10cm one to build my hobo stove kit around.

I have also got the 16cm billy for bigger cooking jobs but not for packing.

Hi Wayland

Do you find your 10cm billy big enough to cook in, or do you just use it for a quick brew?

Nick

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm a massive fan of the 16cm billy... People say they are too big but if you were to melt down each of them, I doubt the 16cm would take up much more room than the 10 as a metallic blob.

As long as I fill it to the brim with stuff i'm taking, it's not using any more room in my pack. I get my cooking equipment in there, cleaning stuff including my personal hygene stuff, my coffee, tea, sugar, milk, bannock mix, spoons, food and a candle lantern. Not only is it a cooking pot but it's also very good protection for the things I carry.

I still have a 12cm and love it but if i'm honest, it rarely comes out to play any more.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
You will find that Culinox wont say if they are out of stock on their website.

I would suggest that you call them to double check the stock of your order.

They may have changed since - but about 2 years ago I ordered two billy tins from them. One arrvied and I was refunded for the other. About 6 months later I was billed by them again and they posted out the other billy tin to my old address without even checking i still wanted it. Obviously i ended up requiring another refund as the tin went somewhere where i couldnt go to get it. :(

So you may well have ended up on a back order list like i did with Culinox.

If Andrew says they are out of stock everywhere then i'd be inclined to check the status of my order.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yes I've had the same problem with cancelled orders at cullinox being sent and billed. I got a refund (but only after I took it up with my bank) from them and eventually got an apology and told to keep the pot which was nice, but I wont deal with them again

Red

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
andyn said:
You will find that Culinox wont say if they are out of stock on their website.

I would suggest that you call them to double check the stock of your order.

They may have changed since - but about 2 years ago I ordered two billy tins from them. One arrvied and I was refunded for the other. About 6 months later I was billed by them again and they posted out the other billy tin to my old address without even checking i still wanted it. Obviously i ended up requiring another refund as the tin went somewhere where i couldnt go to get it. :(

So you may well have ended up on a back order list like i did with Culinox.

If Andrew says they are out of stock everywhere then i'd be inclined to check the status of my order.

Thanks for the advise Andyn. Just called them and guess what ; they're out of stock !!!

Order cancelled. Back to square one :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE