101 Top Tips

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
A couple of carrier bags have many uses to the forager...but here's another reason to carry them. Before putting leggings on...put your feet in the bags....this helps your boots slide through without snagging or soiling the insides of your waterproofs.

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
My three tips:

Have a place for everything- could be a pocket in a rucksack, or a little bag (I have one of those zip up washbags), and keep stuff there, but, most importantly, put it back as soon as you've used it. Nothing worse than putting something down like a fire steel down or a tin opener, or even ear plugs, absent mindedly, and not being able to find them again.

If it's really cold, use an emergency bag inside your sleeping bag (don't wear anything else). Will trap your body heat like nothing else.

fire lighting (could be an obvious one here) - dry your tinder against your body. Tinder fresh from the wild can be damp even if it doesn't feel it. If you're not sweaty, I find the armpit is excellent for drying and warming tinder. Really makes a difference.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Water is probably the most important thing in Survival imo, so heres my 2 pence worth;

Keep yourself Hydrated / Always carry spare water / FILL UP BEFORE YOU RUN OUT!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE