10000bc starts tomorrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
They should get GTTBod to do the voice-over...
"Day 53B.C. and Thrud is in the diary-cave..."
:D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Hahahaha someone said similar to me the other day after watching my Adirondack videos as i started each day by saying what day it was

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Very odd as there have been several Mesolithic living experiments conducted on the Continent and any of them could have been filmed. Some even had personality clashes to satisfy the need for drama and several have log and other boats so there is something interesting to look at. Problem is that the participants are generally experienced in ancient crafts and have researched the subject. See this for an example, https://www.facebook.com/Living.Mesolithic

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hahahaha someone said similar to me the other day after watching my Adirondack videos as i started each day by saying what day it was

We just want to hear your dulcet tones again.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I have zero interest but my daughter (6 years old!) Wanted me to record it. Well, she earned it by pretending to eat bannock and frogs earlier today (kitchen roll with green pen flecks for herbs, and rubber frogs; both in a frying pan).

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
We just want to hear your dulcet tones again.

More adventures coming soon lol can't say my tones have ever been referred to as dulcet.

I'm gonna see if i can watch this show online once it starts

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I did not understand the squalor that previous participants seem to have lived in. Morning routine of personal hygiene and daily camp sorting would seem to be the minimum. Sleeping hugger-mugger seems horrible as well when defined sleeping, warmed, areas are simple. As to tools, making them for themselves, from examples, would provide focus and occupation as well as perhaps a feel for their use.

Palaeolite

Jan 13, 2016
West Berks
10,000BC? Is that it? Seems a little futuristic to me ;)

But seriously, I could never really get into it before. I'll hang around and find out if it is as bad as The Island or if its any good before watching it.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
I think they've learned their mistakes from series 1. Moved it from winter to summer although that's brought a different set of problems (dried up water courses, biting insects). Klint still drops in the occasional Simon Cowell sensationalism but it's a darn sight better than most of the tv diet of soaps/Kyle/celebrity dimwits they serve us.

I enjoyed watching it

Last edited by a moderator:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Doesn't particularly inspire... they've provided a much better environment and time of year to the contestants... but they're still contestants... it's reality bull.

Two tribes? What they mean is argue over who controls the lake camp... lots of whinging and whining ahead... whoop de do.

Not sure I'll be watching it again.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Doesn't particularly inspire... they've provided a much better environment and time of year to the contestants... but they're still contestants... it's reality bull.

Two tribes? What they mean is argue over who controls the lake camp... lots of whinging and whining ahead... whoop de do.

Not sure I'll be watching it again.

Fighting over land and resources? Maybe looking to make it like Lord of the Flies! (A good bushcraft book) Just need a good"monster" and someone willing to be Piggy. :eek:

Chris the Fish

Forager
Dec 5, 2009
Stoney Stanton, Leics
Enjoyed the prog. I like the focus on living as opposed to surviving and the move to summer to make things easier. What I would like to happen is the two tribes get on well and work together for the greater good, however I fear that it will lead to Jeremy Kyle style tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I watched as much as i could stand...waaaaay to many beautiful people with rippling muscles and manicured beards for my liking. Looks like they are aiming for a sort of Geordie shore meets the stone age gap in this over saturated reality TV piddle.

Ps. I only know of Geordie shore because i had the pleasure of meeting one of the actors when i was camping up north...The guy seemed ok, his girlfriend on the other hand was a psychopath of the highest order...Stunning Model material, but the slashing of their tent with a rather large knife kinda blew her cover.. gotta love a Geordie lass. Nae messin as we would say. :lmao:

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Only caught a bit of episode two and was not impressed by two big chaps carrying something on a stretcher and getting all tired. poor things. Seemed muscular but were these cosmetically developed in the gym rather than with real work?

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Talked about the show with two friends of ours, he is possibly the toughest man I have met. His wife lived for years in a wood doing farm work and living off the land after some years as an itinerant biker. They were sorry that such a show didn't accept such as they and how they would love the chance now to live the Mesolithic. It seems that the Mesolithic, like love is wasted on the young.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE