10 strange ways Tudors died

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Interesting titbit though....she was gathering cabbage leaves to bake the bread on....means no ash or dirt on the bottom :cool:

cheers,
M

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
For other stupid deaths have a look at Horrible Histories on CBBC. My kids love it and I think its quite funny as well.

There was a viking ( I think) who cut his leg on the severed head of one of his enimes. It got infected and he died.

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
There was a viking ( I think) who cut his leg on the severed head of one of his enimes. It got infected and he died.

There is a display in the museum in Dornoch that tells the story.

"Sigurd the Mighty (circa 900) - Sigurd Eysteinsson was a Viking noble who was a leader of the Viking occupation of northern Scotland. He was involved in some sort of conflict with a local chieftain named Mael Brigte the Bucktoothed, and the two agreed upon a battle with forty men a side to settle their differences. Sigurd brought eighty, defeated the locals, and beheaded Mael. He then triumphantly fixed Mael's head to his saddle and galloped off presumably screaming about his victory in a suitably bad-bottom Viking manner. Unfortunately the severed head's buck tooth scratched his leg, creating a wound which became infected, and eventually led to his death. So yeah, Sigurd the Mighty is the only man in history to have been killed by his enemy's severed head."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE