1 or 2?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rflw

Maker
May 9, 2016
England
Hi all,
Throwing this out there for some advice really. I am currently retiring my jack wolfskin tantrum pack that has spent more time with me than my wife for about the past 15 years. Still servicable (the pack not the wife) but the self healing zip on the top compartment spends alot of time healing and its days are numbered. Stitching starting to go here and there but it has been practically bomb proof. As many of you will probably know moving onto a new model can feel like betrayal to your closest partner so you do not make this decision lightly!
However the issue i have is this. I cycle to work most days and looked to down size. Was given a snugpack sleeka 35 by a friend and have been using it daily. Does the job but due to what i carry (food roughly 7 litres worth ,flask,maxpedition beefy,waterproofs) it only leaves a little room for anything else. Besides that the shoulder straps i find are too short. I am 6ft and like to adjust on the go. Cannot do it with the sleeka. I occaisionally have to carry extra gear if i am going else where so have to transfer all to the JW.
I also want something i can use elsewhere walking, woods, bivvying,family days out etc.
I like the idea of something a bit tactical as i like to acces directly what i want. However i do not want to look too tactical. I also want it bomb proof. I would like a long term relationship and not something i have to trade in for a younger model 18 months from now.
I own a 28l osprey. Too small as well but designed better than the sleeka. Used it alot also so the waterpoofing is now perishing.

To give you an idea of what i have been looking at.
5.11 rush 24 (so many different volume reviews on internet. No hip belt. Want compression straps.only got 2)
5.11 rush 72 (too big? )
Condor titan assault pack
Wisport packs
Fjallraven packs. (Not enough organisation?)

So do i buy one that can do all I need or do I have a bit on the side and go for 2?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE